Welcome To The Family

Tori's POV:

I could feel the raw panic I had during that dream. I mean after all, that's what it was. Just a really messed up dream. It doesn't mean I'm not worried though. Mr. Noah can get mean... I could feel my heart crying for my babies and my lover and I could feel the peaceful sensation of being ready to die again. Again? I didn't actually die...

I took a deep breath and decided I didn't want to continue to avoid him. Even though I've only known him for a little while, I feel the safest I ever have in his arms. So I look up and I swallow my hurt, my fear, and my pettiness and offer a small smile.

"If I tell you now what Destinee wanted me to then I will be put in a tube and drowned. I don't know if I'll make it out. If I tell you later-" I paused taking a shuddering breath, "-than you, Oakley, our unborn baby, and myself will all die for sure." Saying it out loud seems a lot harder to believe. I'm condemned to death either way. Moon Goddess, I don't understand...

His face looked confused, then angry, then shocked and skeptical like we were all playing a game without him, and then finally worried. He searched my eyes for the truth before his eyes grew dark and he took a deep breath.

"And everyone saw that vision?" He asked, looking at everyone with a mixture of anger and something else... Everyone nodded but I noticed his men, Loman and Gifford, all seemed to tense at the look he was giving. I don't want him to be angry... I got up and moved to stand behind and let my hands fall in his hair before gently laying a kiss on the crown of his head. I may not know what mates are but I know I'm happy when I'm around him and my duty to him is to produce him a heir, maybe more. Why can't I have love for it? I see no reason not to.

He visibly and physically seemed to sink and mold into my hands, letting me run his worries away by running my fingers through his hair. I waited until he seemed okay before looking up and looking back at him.

"What do you need us to do?" I hum, still playing with his hair but also watching the others for social clues. He sat silent, his hand on his head before he leaned back and laid his head on my stomach with an annoyed expression. Not annoyed at anyone but annoyed with the situation.

He isn't annoyed, dear. He's stressed and hurting at the idea of not being able to protect his family.

Two women burst through the door, talking with one another, not taking a moment to read the room. Within a second, Harper was behind me with a firm grip on Destinees hand and we all moved to the wall, Destinee asking what we're doing along the way and complaining, trying to get lost. I looked at her and smiled, trying to let her know it's okay just to follow, which was returned by squinted eyes and a final sigh of acceptance.

We all stood against the wall, standing tall with our heads down and hands folded. This was protocol for when the doctors came into the 16th bunker. Harper and I, who only knew each other as 16's then, were all too familiar with the respect given to doctors.

The girls stopped in front of us and kinda just stared at the three of us but something caught my attention. They both smelled different... but they both also had Jay's scent on them. My heart picked up, and I forgot the respect right there and then. Corina was growling and I couldn't deny my sudden interest and anger. I walked forward, slowly but by the looks of his mens face, I could tell something was off about me, I just didn't know what.

I could see him look between his men before he turned around and mumbled something before jumping up and stepping in front of me. I don't want to hurt him. I don't want to hurt the girls. I just want answers. One is his mother... I know that as he said it earlier. Who is the other?

"Babygirl, take a breath." He whispered, gently grabbing my arms but blocking me from moving. I looked up confused, staring at him in wonder. I truly don't want to hurt them, why're they acting like I'm a monster?

"I'm not going to hurt them. I just want answers. They both smell similar to you... like you. Of you. I know your mom is one of them so that's understandable and it makes sense..." I peeked under his shoulder and saw the other girl staring at me with a big smile. I tilt my head, confusion but also a sense of peace. I'm still pissed though. Looking up, I searched his eyes but he held just as much confusion as mine did.

"Explain?" He nodded and grabbed my hand, turning so he stood beside me. His grip on my hand never loosened and as I looked down, I couldn't help but let my anger wash away. Corina didn't though. She was no longer growling but I could feel her anger still.

"Mom, Lex, this is my mate, Tori. Tori, this is Mom, the late Luna, and Lex, my sister." With that one introduction, my eyes grew wide and all I felt was shock and embarrassment. I just acted like the biggest bitch to his family. They're going to hate me. My thoughts didn't last long though because all the sudden, I was taken in a very comforting hug. I stilled and looked down slightly to see his sister, Lex, hugging me and I almost cried from this simple thing I didn't know I had needed. I hugged her back and smiled, pulling back to see her super excited and bouncing around.

"Hi! I'm Lexi Shepards, Jay's sister, the pack doctor, and one of your new friends and family!" Family... That's something I haven't had before. I didn't know what to say or do so I just smiled, all teary eyed. Next was his mother, who I learned was named Tawny, and she didn't hesitate before bringing me into yet another hug.

"Just call me mom. We're so happy to have you! Welcome to the family!" She explained, looking at me with a look of nostalgia before stepping back.

"Who's your mother and father?" She asked, her voice low but not cruel. I don't have any... Do I?