Their Sad Eyes

Tori's POV:

He thinks I'm dangerous? I didn't kill anyone! I laid on one of the giant wooden beams from the ceiling, the sparkling chandelier not two feet away. Don't ask how I got up here because I've not a clue on how. I just know I did. Destinee's been puking? Maybe I should go check on her... It could be signs of the disease twenty.

From where I'm laying, I can see the whole layout of the living room and the two men, Loman and Jay. I never really paid attention to the living room before. There's a huge gray wrap around couch that had a little modern birch coffee table in the center . Across from the couch is a fireplace and a TV hanging up above it. On the fireplace ledge, there are photos of his family, his friends, and his accomplishments such as graduation and becoming Alpha. There is another birch sign that says 'welcome' with screws below the word over by the door. I'm guessing it's for keys and what not. The entrance leading to the den, which is where the stairs and front door are, was a giant rectangular open space that had birch trimming running along it, coming up to a spiral heart at the top. The living room is beautifully decorated with memories and it all screams him. The walls are light gray, not a depressing gray. There is a mural of the forest on the wall behind the couch, the trees being shadowed a darker gray. It's absolutely beautiful.

Another loud bang and the door swinging open sounds. What is up with people today!? My body stays tense though because this next person is the person I accidentally disrespected at the event. I tried to shallow my breaths and calm my heart, not wanting to be found just yet. Thankfully, Jaiden's dark gray shirt and my olive skin blends into the darkness pretty well up here.

"Alright, we gotta figure this shit out because everyone's acting weird." That was the Alpha of another pack. I wasn't aware he was friends with Jay. Behind him, came a girl walking in, grabbing the door. She unlodged it from the wall, again, and sighed, sending daggers towards that one Alpha. She's, from my understanding, his Luna if I used that title correctly so she is equal to him.

Loman and Jay didn't say a word, just stared at him waiting for him to continue.

"Noah is preparing for war and he's trying to get allies from all the packs who arrived. I told him to give us a bit to think. What the fuck did you do!?" Why is he yelling? Corina and I both furrowed our eyebrows, sending our own daggers his way. So far, our first impressions of one another aren't great. His Luna laid a hand on his arm, looking at the boys with a smile.

"In other words... What did you find out? I know you wouldn't act out without reason." She directed that comment to Jay. My eyes study the way Jay's poster became tense before he took a deep breath and sat down on his brown reclining chair sat in the corner. He motioned for them to sit and they all did.

"They are running a facility in that pack. They're making females between the ages of 15-20 their own guinea pigs. From my understanding and from what Tori has told me, they get the patient's bone marrow, mix it with a chemically formed formula, inject them and try to get them to carry the baby full term. If you fail to carry it, you get a scar somewhere to remember it. They train the females from an early age to think it's normal and if they come across a strong warrior that is not their own, they take that warrior and begin testing on that one too. That's what happened with Destinee Addeline. Tori and Harper are the only two who survived out of their ranks all these years. For each bunker, it's their age. They start testing at the 15th bunker. According to Tori, most girls died in the 16th bunker. She didn't tell me how many died though. She's terrified of a disease called Twenty. I think that pack has been killing those who rebel and won't become warriors in their pack after they turn twenty." I think that's the most I've ever heard him talk. Corina laughs at that thought and I can't help but let a small smile slip because it feels good to be able to talk with my wolf.