Hold on a Little Longer, Babygirl.

Jay's POV:

We've finally arrived. As could be expected at the Fertile Moon Pack, there were trees, mountains, fields, and forest to run though. Excellent places to train warriors. As soon as we stepped out of our vehicles, a man and a woman were there to greet us.

"Welcome to the Fertile Moon Pack! We hope you all had a fun trip!" This guy had tan pale skin if that makes any sense. His skin was supposed to be dark and probably honestly brown but it was neither and was very pale. He had dark brown eyes with long frizzy and fluffy curly hair. He was about 5 '8 and I knew I could easily take him if it called for it. However, this is also an Alpha and we don't need to start any fights.

As tradition, I walk forward and give him a handshake, thanking him for inviting us while my pack bows to him in respect. The female beside him gets down on her knees as a sign of respect to us.

"So Noah, where is the rest of the pack?" I ask, looking for any signs of life around us.

"They're all in the clearing where the rest of the packs will meet." He responded, turning away to lead us to the clearing. I could tell my pack was very excited. Why wouldn't they be? Only a select few wolves I trust know and that would be Lomen, our pack doctor Lexi Shepards (my sister), Hanna Shepards (also my sister), the late Luna and Alpha, and of course a select few warriors, one being my brother: Peirce Shepards. All three of them have mates, Peirce and Lexi having kids already.

When we made it to the clearing, I studied the pack of mostly males. That seems a bit off but some packs have a more prominent male gene so who knows. Can't come to conclusions yet. The few girls we could see were dressed nicely in dresses or combat suits depending on their rank in the pack while only a handful of girls wore t-shirts and jeans. All seemed normal so far. When Noah walked away to get another pack arriving, I turned to Lomen and tilted my head, letting him know to follow.

"We need to go look for Gifford. If the alpha here knows we were spying, there could be a war about to break out. Let's find our man, gather our pack, and leave as soon as possible." I ordered, looking around.

"Maybe we can ask some of the other packs if they've seen him?" Lomen asked, bringing a picture up on his phone.

"I don't know. It may be too ri-" Before I could finish, both Lomen and I jumped from the voice that sounded in front of us. How did she sneak up on us? What did she hear? Why couldn't we smell her coming?

"Who're you looking for?" The female asked, catching both of our attention once again. The woman that stands in front of us is wearing light blue jeans with a black t-shirt and a belt buckle with the number 18 on it. She has beautiful olive skin that I wanted to explore for hours and deep black eyes like one of a raccoon or a shark. Her natural dark brown hair came down to her armpit, a little fluffy and frizzy but mostly straight. Andrews started to go crazy, words I couldn't understand flying at 1000 miles per hour around my head. I felt my control on Andrews slowly fading, clenching the phone I just pulled out to try to help.

Lomen snapped out of it first, clearing his throat to get my attention. Right, this is a time where I need to choose if we can trust this weird girl or not.

"One of our friends. Who are you?" I ask, skepticism dripping in my voice.

"I'm 18! Can you describe the man?" She hummed, rocking on her heels with her hands held behind her. What type of name was 18? She had such grace and stealth for her height and weight, it amazed me. Her shirt hugged her, revealing the size of her breast, waist, and hip, yet again causing Andrews to start going crazy again.

I looked to Lomen, swallowing my desire down before nodding my head to show her the picture of him. When he walked forward, she flinched slightly before recovering with a wide smile. Not a creepy one though, one of excitement and peace.

She gently grabbed the phone and studied the picture before looking up with shock and looking around. "Why're you looking for him?" Her stance alone tells me she's scared of something. She knows something.

"He's important to us. Don't you have people who are important to you?" I tried, I want to get her out of her fear and to trust us.

She looked between us, still very fearful, before looking around again. Why does she keep looking around? "I-... I have to go help the packs." She muttered, before she turned and started walking away. She knows something though and I want to know what it is. So with that, I ran to walk with her and motioned for Loman to follow.

"You know this man, don't you." I interrogated. If she knows where he is, then I need to know. "I don't. Don't even know his name." She muttered, tapping her fingers to her thumb. A tell tale sign of nervousness.

"Have you seen him before though?" She kept walking, slowly angering Andrews and I both. She stayed quiet and kept on, showing no respect nor decency. That'll be enough of that. Stepping in front of her, I grab her shoulders and stare at her eyes that are directed downward. I can feel her tremble beneath me, making Andrews whine and fight for control.

"Please. If you know where or who or even the last place you saw him... Take us there." I begged. I didn't, don't, and have never begged anyone and it was apparent in Lomens face how shocked he was. He remained to the side though, slowly blending with the shadows in case we're caught.

She looked up and there was fear evident in her eyes but from what was still a mystery.

"He's important to you?" She whispered, searching my eyes for something. Where my hands lay on her shoulders it feels warm and tingly in the good way making me not want to let her go.

"Very." And with that, she sighed and began muttering and whispering to herself, starting to walk the opposite way. Lomen and I followed, hearing small things like the word switch and why. Before long, we came to a clearing and she began to kick around an area until we heard a small thud come from it.

Shocked, both Loman and I run over, touching the ground where the metal door is hidden.

"How do we get in?" I asked, uncovering the grass, dirt, and moss from the bunker door.

"I don't know..." She answered, causing my anger to spark.

"What do you mean you don't know?" How the hell does she not know!? She took us to this place and she said she had seen him before!

She did not, you fool. Be easy with her!

Andrews growled a warning at me. At ME of all people.

Why are you defending her? She knows where Gifford and Red are.

I couldn't control the growl that escaped my system, instantly causing Lomen to take a few steps back but strangely enough, not '18'.

Studying her for a moment, it all began to fall into place. Her amazing scent of vanilla bean and forest rain, her being able to stare me down, the tingles from when I touched her, Andrews going crazy and being protective of someone he just met...

"Are yo-" Before I could ask, I felt Lomen grip my arm and drag me into the shadows of the trees.

"What the hell." I growled, eyes flashing at him before another voice hung in the air.

"18! I have been looking all over for you! The event is about to start, what're you doing out here!?" An angry voice boomed, causing my mate to shrink down in fear. I felt my body start to violently shake as Andrews battled for control, wanting to rip Noah's throat out.

"I was just taking a moment to breathe, sir." She muttered, eyes down and head bowed. Before either I or my mate could react, a loud clap rang out as my mate fell to the ground holding her cheek. I stood up, letting Andrews take control before I felt Lomen drag me back down.

"Man, not yet! Take a breath, what is wrong with you? Are you trying to start a war?" He growled, looking back to the clearing where Noah began to put the pin in the bunker. He lifted it up and grabbed 18 by the arm before leading her down some stairs that weren't yet visible to us. We both made a break for it once they were out of view and the door began to slowly fold shut. At the very last second, we both slid our hands under the door to prevent it from closing and locking. I looked around in case there were any prying eyes but there were none that I could sense.

Once we find Gifford, I'm going to tear Noah's throat out and make it into a nice necklace for my mate. Just hold on a little longer, Babygirl. We'll have you out of here in no time.