All The Tension Was Gone

Tori's POV: 

"18, hun! It's time to get up, you're gonna be late!" The soft and gentle voice of Mrs. Gio sounded. If I lay here and try to sleep, she'll keep bugging me and probably punish me after but if I get up now then I'll be exhausted all day. Those clothes took quite a while to try on. I did find some appropriate clothing that fit well. I now have four pairs of different shaded bootcut and bell bottom jeans. There is a belt with a medal plate in the front middle with my name '18' on it. I also now have about 3 tank tops, 2 t-shirts, and approximately 6 long sleeves! Mrs. Gio also brought in a couple of short shirts last night, but I couldn't fit any. They always showed my stomach.

"Hurry, dear. The packs are arriving, and you all are to serve them!" She giggled, going through the pile of clothes that fit. "You're gonna wear these light blue bell bottoms with your belt and this black t-shirt. Does that sound okay, dear?" She hummed, still messing through the clothes.

"Mrs. Gio." She's getting distracted and then we'll really be late.

"Oh, yes, yes, sorry!" She muttered, walking over with the nutrients shot. As she injected my arm, I worked on letting my eyes adjust. With my wolf ignoring and actively avoiding me, all my senses are basically those of a human. I didn't even know I had a wolf until I lost my first baby. That's when I saw her. I tried to speak to her, to rub my hands through her fur, but she just got up and moved further away from the iron wall.

"Alright, I'll leave you to it! I'll be back in 5 minutes to start your makeup and hair." Mrs. Gio smiled; she seemed excited over this thing called makeup. As long as it doesn't hurt, I don't mind.

"See you soon." I hummed, turning around to shred myself of the pj's I previously wore.

"Oh! Before I forget! After you're done serving whichever pack you're assigned to, I want you to change into your sweatpants and t-shirt. That'll be what you wear when others choose you." Then she was off like a silent knife whizzing through the air.

"What is she talking about?" That strange male voice urged, causing me to stiffen before turning around. Continuing to strip and then presuming to get dressed, I answered while buttoning the jeans.

"She's talking about the choosing, silly." I hum, a small, excited smile creeping out.

"What is the choosing? How old are you? Why do they keep calling you 18?" This man sure does have a lot of questions. I should probably just give him a run down.

"Hi, I'm 18. The choosing is when all 18's, 19's, and 20's gets to go out before men and hopefully get chosen by one to be free. Most people don't make it past the 16th bunker though. I'm one of four to make it into the 18th. You should never ask a lady her age." I hummed, Mr. Noah's advice in the back of my mind.

"Don't give me the load of bull that the creep scientist gave you." He growled, actually growled, causing my eyes to furrow.

"You are not human?" I whisper, eyes widening. How is he connected to his wolf? Does my wolf just truly hate me? He stared with an utter look of shock on his face before his face just fell blank. Is he okay?

The sound of clicks and clacks catches my attention from down the hall. "Are you ready, 18?" Shit, I forgot to put my shirt on. Quickly snatching the shirt, I throw it on to see that it outlines all my curves. Breast, waist, hip dips, all the way down to my hips.

"Yes, Mrs. Gio." Eagerly waiting for her to lead the way, I look back to the male who just stares at the both of us with calculating eyes.

"Let's go then." She whispered, a smile and excitement dancing in her eyes. "I truly hope you get chosen! I've waited since I met you crawling on the nursery floor." She ranted, tears shining in her eyes.

Before I knew it, we were outside in a lukewarm air with a breeze and the sound of trees dancing all around us. It was beautiful. There were trees and snow-covered mountains.

"Welcome to the Fertile Moon's Forest and mountain." She explained, pointing to the forest and mountain. I could feel little burns on my skin but not the hurtful kind... It was like a gentle caress of sorts.

"Come now, our first pack is arriving." So, I followed, unable to hide the joy off my face. I looked around as we walked before we came to a weird shiny box shaped thing. Out stepped four people and many more box things began showing up behind.

"Welcome to the Fertile Moon Pack! We're so happy you all could arrive." Mrs. Gio began, shaking the hands of people she passed. I stepped forward intending to follow the lead and began to shake the hands of the passing members. I stopped once I got to the end of the line where a tall man with tan skin, green eyes, and brown fluffy hair stood alongside a woman, just a bit shorter, with blue eyes, light tan skin, and beautiful dirty blond hair. I placed my hand out to which they both just started before I looked over to Mrs. Gio for guidance, only to see her bowing with her head low. I looked back confused to the two people and back to Mrs. Gio before I heard another growl leave the green-eyed man. I looked back, suddenly feeling nervous and scared. Everyone around was on one knee or bowing with their head down. What are they doing? I looked back up and just stared at the two.

"Um... Is there anything in particular that I can get or do for you guys?" I ask, tapping my fingertips against my thumb.

"How about showing some respect?" That was the girl's voice.

"Oh! I didn't mean any disrespect by anything I did! I was-" before I could finish, Mrs. Gio began to laugh a little, catching all of our attention.

"Hunny, they want you to bow and submit to them. They are alphas of another pack, and we are not alphas so we cannot shake their hands. We show respect and acknowledgement by bowing." She explained, my face now growing hotter by the second.

"I'm so sorry!" I rushed out, bowing immediately. Once all the tension was gone, everyone stood. I kept receiving weird glances which made me just want to hide away.

This is going to be a long day.