Quit Throwing a Fit

Tori's POV:

My body burned and all my strength was officially gone. He had asked questions that required me to lie for the right answer and if it didn't seem convincing enough then he'd shock me for longer with more voltage. I sat in the chair, my head hanging limp forward against my chest, taking ragged breaths. We have one more minute of this and that's it. Sweat ran all over my body as twitches involuntarily went through my body. From my toes to my knees, to my arms, neck, and shoulders, then to my fingers and so on so forth. Every few seconds there would be a different twitch in a different location though they seemed to be easing down some.

"Do you truly think anyone would want you?" He asked, studying how my body reacted to the question. Why would someone want me? I am nothing. No one knows me. I don't even have a wolf. She hates me. No one will ever want someone who can't keep a child...

"No. No one would ever want me." At this emission, a single tear slipped.

"Hmmm... still doesn't seem true enough yet." Mr. Noah sighed, flipping the switch up for more waltz and voltage. "Let's try 15 seconds instead of 10 this time." He hummed like he was the happiest person alive at the moment. He grabbed my head and brought it up so he could strap it to the back of the chair, probably to see the pain in my face. When I expected to see Mr. Noah's face, I instead saw a pair of ocean blue/gray eyes glowing from the darkness looking at me. Peace entered my body through the stare and for some odd reason, I just forgot where I was or what was about to happen.

Then I felt the fiery shock swimming through my veins and body before the machine turned on and my body tensed. My body proceeded to seize, my vision going hazy and eventually falling dark.

Usually in the darkness, I am alone with my babies. This time, I felt the hands of the man before, I smelt his scent, and I could hear his voice ringing in my head telling me to hang in there. His arms were wrapped around me, and he moved with me when I went to grab my oldest baby, a little boy. When I sat down, he held the little boy in his arms while they were still wrapped around me and when I checked on Corina, there was another wolf over there with her. Confused, I looked back to see the same ocean blue/gray glowing eyes from before and I felt safe once more.

Coming back was hard. There was a ringing in my ears, the bright lights were hurting my eyes that were trying to adjust to them, and my whole body felt sore as though it was still on fire. I was once again thrown over his shoulder but this time, I felt a bandage, or maybe a cloth, separating my open wounded stomach from his shoulder. I still smelt that addicting scent. Why does he keep coming to the forefront of my mind? I don't understand.

Moving my head ever so slightly so I could look behind me, I saw down the hallway three figures moving in the shadows. Far enough so noise and smell wouldn't get to Mr. Noah but close enough to still hear a conversation if one were to be held. I noticed I was already in my sweatpants and t-shirt, so I guess we are headed to the event. With the thought of any man getting ahold of me, I shivered. Just a couple hours ago I was excited because that meant I could leave but now I don't want to go anywhere that the strange man following us isn't.

We stopped outside a strange door, and he set me down, knowing I was already awake.

"Now you stand straight and tall in there. Don't make eye contact with anyone or else you know what will happen. Get chosen tonight because so help me if you don't..." He ended that with a snarl before shoving me through the door. I could no longer smell that man's scent and I felt panic engulf me, letting my nervous tick run my fingers. Stepping forward, I saw Mrs. Gio and instantly calmed down.

"18! There you are, you just disappeared, dear! I was worried about you." She scolded softly, coming forward to wipe my makeup off and brush my hair through. Once she was done, she gently grabbed my hand and led me to the group of girls from the 18th bunker. One stood about 5'8 - 5'9 with gorgeous blue midnight hair and light brown eyes. She looked to be just underweight and very healthy. Then to one side of her stood a girl that was about 5 '4, underweight, with brown light straight hair and green beautiful eyes!

The last girl collapsed looking very green and gray. She appeared unconscious and when Mrs. Gio tried to find their pulse, there was nothing. The first girl began to cry a little and tremble, mumbling about how horrible of a place this is while me and the other girl looked at each other and shrugged, used to seeing this from when we were in bunker 16 together. A lot of the girls in bunker 16 dropped like flies. At the time, that left only 16 out of the 40 there were and in our 17th bunker, that's when the rest died off. Leaving only four of us. I guess now there are only three.

"Coming up next is the 17's!" A loud voice over a speaker boomed and a group of 12 girls moved outside the curtain. We heard people throwing out numbers and 'sold' being thrown out a lot after. Not a single girl came back, they were all chosen.

"A complete wipe out! Let's see how our 18's does!" And with that, we were rushed to go on the stage. As I stepped out, following the midnight blue haired woman, the light blinded me, and I felt a cold chill of many eyes rake over my body. We saw four circles with our heights and weights on the outside before stepping into the blue glowing circles.

The Stetson scent came back again, causing my head to snap up and search the audience. After only a few moments of searching and people throwing out numbers, the first change of blue to green circle happened, signifying that the smallest of the three had been sold. I looked back to the man and saw him throw out a huge number that shocked everyone into silence. Soon enough I heard the word sold and when I looked down both mine and the midnight blue girl were sold to him. The 18's weren't over just yet though because as soon as the guy said sold, one of the men from before, not the good smelling one, stood and threw another huge number for the girl who was sold first. At first the guy who bought her complained and began to throw a fit but when he explained that that number went to both the man and the announcer, he sat down and quit throwing a fit. Agreeing to give her up.

Unsure of what to do, we all stood still and waited for something, anything to happen. Finally, the 2 men and the loony guy from the cell stepped forward with their heads down, took our hands and led us off stage to go to the back where their suitcases would be.

Where do we go now?