23-At the end of the world

"Gosh Rose! Have you seriously forgotten how he signed the contract with the devil!?"

And right at those words, memories flash back to me.

It was in the middle of the night...

In the outskirts of the empire, there lied the dense forests of Seigrine. One had to cross the forests in order to visit the neighbouring empire.

The forests of Seigrine were also infamous for dacoits...

From robbery to kidnapping women and children...

Their crimes became feared all over the empire.

Especially after the murder of a member of a royal family who also happened to be travelling through the forests.

And on my visit to the neighbouring kingdom for my father's urgent work...

That's where I met him...

In the middle of the night, as I rode the carriage accompanied by the knights.

I hear a loud noise above my head, as if someone had jumped over the roof of the carriage.

And soon screams resounded from outside of the carriage.

Sensing something wrong, I immediately unsheathed my sword and peeked out of the carriage.

Just then...

Two blue eyes met with mine.

Before they swiftly sliced off the carriage driver's neck.

The horses neighed out loud before the man killed them as well.

The carriage comes to a stop.

Taking the chance, the man broke the door open and entered the carriage.

He looked inside in search the woman he just saw but was unable to find her anywhere...

And thats when I striked from above.

The man tried to dodge but it was too late.

I sliced his back in one Swift stroke making the man fall down on his back.

Then getting on top of him, I pulled his head up by his long blonde hair.

"Who!? Who sent you!??" I screamed into his face.

But before he could say anything, a few other men came to the carriage.

"Let him go...We have all of your men with us!"

I look up to see the rogues with my knights, injured and tied up.

"Let him go unless you wish for the death of your men!" They threaten me by pointing their sword at my knight's neck.

"Please do not surrender before these bastards Milady! Forget about us and leave!" My knights cried.

But as a responsible master I couldn't bring myself to abandon my men...

Realising that I don't have any other I breathe out a curse...

And look down at the man below...

A smirk had taken up his lips, making my blood boil.

"Fuck!" I slammed his head back into the ground again.

Then getting up, I drop my weapon and raise my hands above as a sign of submission.

"As promised let my men go..." I say.

"Not so fast pretty lady...hey tie her up!" The man commands.

"Keep your word! Let us go!" I scream but to no avail as the men tie my hands up.