13- Fire

There are two types of people in this world.

One is those who are stupider than you.

And the other, those who are not.

Keep the stupid ones closer.

And keep a safe distance from the others, and never let them get to your head.

That is the first rule of the game that I'm about to play.

The name of this game is...

"Operation: Divorce my slutty psycho husband"

"Pardon? What?" Mari asks.

"Nothing. Well so, the weather looks great today!" I smile looking outside the window.

"Yes, it's a beautiful sunny day!" Mari exclaims.

"Right? What a good day to fire all the servants!" I smile brightly.

Then pushing the door open, I walk to the dining room as Mari follows me behind.

The servants were waiting at the breakfast table with terribly nervous looks on their faces.

I sit down at the table with a smile and ask, "Where are my brother and my dear husband?"

The servants get very surprised at my question.

Why does the Duchess look so bubbly after what happened yesterday???

I look over to Teresa standing near Derick's empty chair and frowning.

"Hey what happened to Derick? Is he not hungry?" I ask.

"Master Derick already had his breakfast in his room" She answers, trying to avoid my gaze.

"Oh Is that so? Well too bad I wanted to have breakfast with my whole family" I sigh.

Her face twists into an expression of disbelief and anger when she hears the word family from my mouth.

"Lady please don't joke like that! How could you even say things like that after what you did to him yesterday!??" She screams.

"Ugh So loud!" I cover my ears.

"Teresa, have you lost your mind? How can you speak to the Duchess like that!?" Mari retorts.

"No it's okay I understand how she feels...I shouldn't have treated my only brother so harshly" I say in a regretful voice.

The servants' exchange confused gazes.

"Anyways, since neither my husband nor my brother is here, I feel very hurt and don't wish to dine alone..." I stand up from my seat.

"But you didn't even touch the food-"

"I have lost my appetite. I wish to spend time alone somewhere quieter so I would be at the library. The truth is I have no idea what was wrong with me yesterday. To think that I did such a thing to my little brother...I want time to rethink my actions and repent" I say apologetically.

The servants get very shocked upon hearing those words.

It's like the usual gentle and polite Rosetta has returned back...

I leave the dining room quietly and Mari follows me out.

After we leave, the servants start discussing among themselves.

"What do you think happened?"

"I have no idea, nothing is fitting in"

"Maybe she's really regretting her actions-"