4- Locked in a room

After Lorenzo leaves, I take a look to check if anyone was there outside or not.

Once I see an empty corridor, I shut the door and lock it from inside.

I take a look at the clock and realise its already 4 now so if I bear his ass for 2 more hours then that should be fine enough!

I sigh and realise that I don't have much choice. If I send him out now then the servants might start suspecting something. After all Rosetta was a woman of honour, she deeply disliked any wound to her reputation. And hence, even after hating Arron, she pretended to have a perfect marriage.

But of course, the reality was something totally different.

And that is why she tried her level best to hide it.

Be it spending a few nights of the month with the husband she hated to the core.

Must be even harder to hide it, when her husband is like this...

My face twitches with disgust as I take a look at him, he had already dropped on the bed.

Crossing my arms, I sit down before the dressing table.

And when I look at the mirror in front of me, I realise how beautiful Rosetta actually is!

She was described in the novel as one who possessed divine beauty. Unlike women who possess a youthful and sweet kind of beauty or the bold and mature look, Rosetta was said to have a cold but noble beauty.

She had long red hair like the roses, enchanting green eyes and porcelain white skin.

But yeah now that I am here, I need to live in Rosetta's body...

Since I had just read the story before dying, I remember everything very clearly.

But its strange.

I don't remember reading much about Rosetta.

Well that's a given since she's a side character and the novel mainly focused on The Duke and Lorenzo's sexual encounters.

I guess she was briefly mentioned in the first few chapters as the story later took up heavily on Lorenzo and Arron's part.

I think I last read about her in the 12th chapter.

But then what happened to her after that?

As I am lost in my thoughts, I subconsciously start playing with her long red locks.

In my past life, I had my hair short because it was easier to manage, but I think my mother would be really happy if she ever saw me with long hair.

"Don't cross the roads with headphones on!!" I'm damn sure she would be shouting this if I was alive.
I let out a light chuckle realising how she was always right.

"It looks pretty"

I turn towards Arron in surprise on hearing his sudden comment.

"What?" I ask him.

I realise that he was staring at me for a long time almost as if he was checking something very curiously.

"Your hair, you should keep it down like this more often. It looks very pretty." He says pointing towards my hair.

"Yeah I know, I'm pretty. But that doesn't mean I want to be stared at by a creep like you." I say with disgust.

"Pfft-Is it? " he chuckles.

"Yeah totally, you should get checked by the doctor" I say sarcastically.

"Yeah, I went to the doctor last time, he said that I am a very healthy man. But he did mention that I have a very high sexual drive though"

"Great..." I roll my eyes.

"But then he got worried why we don't have any children..."

"Oh-"

"Yes, I mean everyone would start wondering eventually." he narrows his eyes.

"Even though we are married in the eyes of the society, but in the bedroom you..."

"In the bedroom you bring another man and fuck him right beside me!?"

"Bahahahaha" he breaks into a loud laugh.

"Dude what's so funny?" I cringe at him.

"Nothing..." he finally stops laughing and says, "You seem very different today"

*BA-DUMP*

My heart skips a beat.

Fuck...

Did he realise something!?

No calm down Erika...There's no way he could have...

I look him straight in the eyes and ask, "And how is that so!?"

He narrows his eyes...

"Well you are usually cold and don't  speak with me unless needed. You never care to take my opinion in the matters of the house, even though I am the Lord. I mean even though we are married. And even when we sleep on the same bed, you don't allow me to touch..."

His blue eyes were filled with so  many emotions...

And the most prominent if them was Rage.

But I wasn't gonna take any of it.

How dare you look at me like that?

"Oh god! Can you please shut your mouth!?" I retort.

"Yeah, I will shut up. That's what I was always do" he says.

"Yeah thanks"

"But aren't you feeling sleepy, Duchess?" He asks.

"No, I am not. Now kindly shut your mouth!"

He tilts his head as if thinking about something, and then turns around to sleep.

An hour passes by and light breaks outside the window.

I check the clock to realise that its already 5 in the morning.

"Just one more hour to go!!", I say to myself.

"You are really not feeling sleepy at all?"

I find him looking at me again.

What the fuck is wrong with this guy? Why does he keep staring at me!??

"Oh god I thought you were asleep!?" 

"No, but I'm surprised how you're not..."

"I just don't want to sleep dude!? What's wrong with it??"

"I mean, the Duchess takes medicine right? You fall asleep right away after taking it everyday..." he explains.

Huh?  Medicine? As in for sleep?

Just then the memories flash back to me...

"Duchess, here is your medicine for sleep" The maid hands Rosetta a cup.

"Thank you" She says and looks down at the liquid.

"It looks darker and smells strange today..."

"We-well that's because- I have made it stronger for a better night sleep!" The maid says nervously.

"Oh...okay" she says before drinking the full cup.

"It tastes strange as well"

Those were hsr last words before she dozed off.

My eyes widen...

So these were Rosetta's memories...?

"Strange..." I hear Arron say in a rather serious voice.

"You should have been in deep sleep by now".

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Republished after some changes. Its kinda difficult to write these chapters from my exact memory as wattpad deleted my book.

You can find the recent chapters on my patreon! Link in my bio💖❤️❤️