5-The 12th chapter

"Strange..." I hear Arron say in a rather serious voice.

"You should have been in deep sleep by now".

"What?" I twist my brows.

He doesn't explain.

That's when I notice sunlight seeping in through the window.

Thank god! Its finally morning!

Now I can get away from this creep!

I get up and reach for the door, before leaving, I turn around to look at him once more.

He was looking at me too.

I don't know how can a person's face be so irritating, that you feel like slapping them hard across their face.

I roll my eyes and leave.

I walk outside to see a few maids cleaning the corridors at a distance.

I walk closer to them to ask them about my breakfast.

But when they see me, their faces change into pure horror.

"Du-Duchess!? What are you doing here?" A maid asks.

"Why? I can't be here? In my own mansion?" I ask crossing my arms.

"No-I mean that's not what she meant..." Another maid tries to explain.

"What's up with you two? You look like you have seen a ghost"

The both of them exchange horrified looks and then one of them finally speaks up in a nervous voice.

"The Duchess usually wakes up after 7 o' clock right? But its too early for you to wake up, that's why we were surprised"

That's all? That's the reason they look so scared?

"Ye-Yeah that's right!" The other maid speaks up.

I look at her and recognise her immediately.

She is the maid who gave Rosetta her medicine last night.

I try to remember her name, from Rosetta's memories but I am unable to.

It seems like Rosetta's memories just come to me in a form of flashback but I can't remember them by myself.

"Teresa, I am going over to clean that corner, okay?" The maid says nervously.

"Okay, I'll go clean this corner then!" Teresa nods.

Teresa...Teresa!

Okay, So its Teresa.

"Well then if you excuse us Duchess" they take their bows.

I nod and they leave with the brooms in their hands.

Both of them...

Why do they seem like they are hiding something from me?

Nah my gut is telling me that something is fishy...

As she takes a turn around the corner, I decide to quietly follow her as well.

I follow her behind from a distance as she continues to walk nervously before stopping in front of a door at the farthest corner of the mansion.

The room seemed to be isolated from the rest of the mansion.

I hide behind a pillar she looks around to check if someone was there or not and soon gets inside.

After I'm sure that she's inside, I walk closer as well.

Then pressing my ears on the door, I try to make out what they are speaking.

*CRACK*

I hear the loud sound of something like a bottle cracking loudly on the floor.

"Please listen to me Master Derek!! I do not know myself what went wrong!"

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR SILLY EXCUSES!! ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT WENCH IS STILL ALIVE!?" A man screams.

"Please calm down Master Derick! I'm sure the lady drank the poison last night, even Master Arron had seen it!" Teresa cries.

"THEN HOW THE FUCK DID SHE WALK OUT OF THAT ROOM ALIVE IN MORNING!??"

I hear the sound of glass crashing followed by Teresa's scream.

No....no way...

So...don't tell me that was not sleeping medicine but Poison to kill Rosetta!?

I feel a deadly panic rise over my whole body...

I fall down on my knees covering my mouth in shock.

Then the reason why Rosetta wasn't mentioned after the 12th chapter was because....

She died last night in the 12th chapter...!

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

I am so sad wattpad deleted this book. Two of my other books have gotten warnings as well. Trying my best to rewrite from my memory😢

Hopefully can upload all the chapters back again soon!