29

Standing in front of the home you had known since forever felt intimidating to say the least. The last couple of times you had been in the house, it was spent having panic attacks and running away from your parents. You were worried about how things were going to go this time around, but the heavyweight resting within your palm made you feel like you could conquer everything.

"You ready for this?" You heard Yeosang ask you, hand squeezing your own.

"Who's ever ready for marriage talk?" You snorted.

"I'm going to be there the whole time." He spoke, moving in front of you. "I promise you." He whispered, rubbing his thumb along your hand.

"I'm not worried about you, Yeo." You sighed.

"We'll take it slow." He began to move towards your home. "Should things go wrong, I'll take you out of there."

You gave him a grateful smile. "Thank you."

The tight feeling in your chest got worse the closer you got to the front door. Your hand squeezed Yeosang's causing the boy to look back at you. He gave you a reassuring smile, knocking on the door.

Your mother was quick to answer, a small smile on her face. She moved to the side, allowing both of you to walk in.

"You're home, (Y/N)." She spoke up.

"Hi, mom." You nodded your head. Yeosang gave his own greeting, your mother acknowledging him as well.

You watched as she shuffled towards the dining room, the rest of your family waiting. You brothers were sitting at the table, waiting for your mother to bring out the food. Your sister was already bringing out the side dishes, giving you a smile as she passed by.

"Would you like some help?" You asked, looking at your mom.

"No, not at all." She waved you off, pointing to the chairs. "Take a seat. We are just about done." She placed her hands on your shoulders, wanting you to listen.

Yeosand moved your chair to help you sit, taking the spot to the right of you. Your youngest brother sat to your left, eyes on Yeosang. The 6-year-old had his lips pursed waiting for someone to speak up.

"Hello. My name is Yeosang." The boy finally broke the silence, looking at your three siblings.

Your oldest brother, who was 20, kept his arms crossed as he gave you both a dark stare. Your sister gave Yeosang a kind smile and a nod of her head. The youngest only kicked his legs as he watched Yeosang.

"My older brother told me not to like you because you took (Y/N) away from us." He said.

"(B/N)!" Your sister hissed, poking at the little boy next to you. "He didn't take (Y/N) away from us. He's just marrying her."

Your mother had come out with the main course at that point, lips sealed tight to keep from making a face. You looked down, feeling your fathers stare on you.

"I don't wish to do that." Yeosang told your little brother. "She is your sister first and I shall respect that."

Your mother gave Yeosang a warm smile, thinking about how he must be treating you. Your father only sighed, looking down at his plate. They all knew that Yeosang was a kind boy, he wouldn't do anything that would put your reputation in shambles.

"Let's have dinner then, shall we." Your mother began.

Dinner went along normally, with small talk here and there. Most of it was from your youngest brother asking Yeosang what it was like to work at the hotel or what kind of things they liked. He seemed to enjoy the older man, which made you smile at how excitable he got as dinner progressed.