14

You sat in the waiting room of the police station as the boys spoke to the sheriff about the whole mess you were roped into. It was a wide open space so you could clearly see the three men arguing over your predicament.

You knew Seonghwa and Yeosang were just waiting outside, having been the ones to tell Yunho and Jongho that they had you detained at the station. At that moment, all you really wanted to do was go out and ask for one of them to hug you. You weren't an overly affectionate person, however after dealing with so many anxious emotions that left you numb, all you wanted was for someone to hold you tightly.

As you continued to wait, a woman entered the station which called your attention. You quickly stood up when she turned around to take a seat. You looked at her as you tried to come up with something to say. She hadn't yet seen you, but she did look a bit uncomfortable where she was. Instead of grilling her, you softened your expression and slowly moved to sit a seat away from her.

"How are you doing?" You spoke quietly, the girl almost having not heard you. She turned to look at you though, her breath getting caught in her throat.

"I-" Her wide eyes made her look absolutely terrified of you.

"I'm just asking." You softly spoke louder, but kept your quiet tone so as to not scare her more.

"I'm doing alright." She whispered, turning around. "Thank you–for saving me." She meekly said.

"Of course. I would've done it for anyone." You told her.

After a moment of silence she began to quietly whimper. "I'm sorry." She cried in a whisper, looking down at the floor. "I had to tell them. I couldn't move on with my conscious thinking that the outlaw did something to you."

You quickly looked at her, confusion pulling into your facial expression. "What was the story you gave them?" You asked her.

She sniffled, looking up at you with blurry eyes. She tried to wipe away at the snot building up so you pulled out a handkerchief from your pocket to give to her.

"I told them–that after you saved me–that was when the outlaw showed up and shot into the alleyway." She spoke between hiccups. "I ran away after that. I came here after I calmed down from my panic to tell them about what happened."

"You told them I was attacked?" You questioned. The girl gave a quick nod of her head.

Your shoulders dropped as you leaned back in the chair. If she didn't tell them you were 'involved' with the outlaw, what made the sheriff conclude that? The girl you saved specifically said that she thought you were being attacked. There was no need for you to be placed in the holding cells. It left you wondering what it was they had spoken about.

You glanced at her again. If she was sitting in the station the same time you were, she must have been called in to be questioned. Suddenly you began to panic as the story that Yunho came up with caused a huge plot hole in the story. You kept looking back and forth, trying to think of something. In the end, all you had was to put your trust in the girl.

"Listen to me." You spoke, scooting the chair between you two over and grabbing her hands. "They are going to question you more on the incident. But I need you to tell them it wasn't me who saved you."

Her eyes went wide as she pulled back to look at you better. "Why?" She asked timidly.

"You can keep the story, but just tell them that it was another woman who had saved you. Maybe that you couldn't see right in the dark." You explained.

"Why?" She repeated again.

You sighed, knowing that she wasn't going to trust all that easily. You wouldn't either have you been in her shoes. "My stories don't correspond with the ones you are telling them. They'll get suspicious of me if I keep telling lies."

Her eyes went wide as she took in your words. "Are you involved with the outlaws?" She whispered.

You noticed her fingers beginning to tremble, knuckles turning white as she gripped the chair tightly. "No! No." You tried to calm her down. As you looked at her though, you realized you had to tell her something about why you wanted her to change the story.

"I'm not involved with the outlaw." You told her again. "But I can promise you, whoever was there to kill those men saved me." You sighed deeply. "I want to save them from this if I can. I don't care what happens in the future but I want to know I prevented their death because of me."

Things took a turn when you saw Mingi standing at the end of the alleyway. Your body shut down, knowing it was safe from harm's way. You hadn't really thought about the boys as something more than just acquaintances. With the ones who were close in proximity to you, you started to think they were your friends. You for sure felt closer to them than the others with the way you were able to ask them personal questions.

However, when Mingi came in to rescue you, you saw him as your savior. You held him closer to your heart than others, which prompted you to have a worry over him. You would try your hardest to keep him and the others safe. They were starting to mean a lot more to you than you cared to admit.

As you looked up, Yunho and Jongho both stormed to the space you were at. Their lips were pressed into thin lines as irritation seeped out of them. They looked angry, Jongho storming past you and outside. You stood up, looking at Yunho who only gave you a sigh.

"Ms. Thwaites." Hendricks nodded his head in greeting. "Thank you for coming. We have some things we would like to go over with you."

The girl next to you nodded her head, getting up and following after the sheriff. Yunho nodded his head for you to go with them. As they took you to the back where Hendrick's desk was, you shuffled closer to Yunho to calm down your nerves. The man wrapped his arm around you to rub at your arm on the other side.

All four of you took a seat, waiting for the questions to go off. "Now, Ms. Thwaites. Would you mind retelling your witness story?" Hendrick asked.

The girl kept glancing between you and the sheriff, biting her lip as she thought over what you said. When she looked up at you one more time, you gave her a small smile, nodding your head just a bit to show that it was okay.

"Actually Sheriff. Looking at her closer," She paused. "I don't think this is the woman who saved me."

You let out a breath silently, feeling Yunho rubbing at your back. "You said it was (Y/N) though." Hendrick tried to get her to say more.

"It was too dark." The girl shook her head, telling the older man what it was you had said. "Maybe it was someone who looked like her, but I don't think it was her."

Hendrick let out a sigh, looking over at Yunho with an irritated expression.

"Whatever you thought about (Y/N), you better get it out of your head." Yunho glared. "She isn't that kind of person."

Your eyebrows pulled together at the tone of his voice and his choice of words.

"You're free to go, Ms. (L/N)." Hendrick stood up. You looked at Yunho before coming to stand, nodding your head.

"Thank you." You said. You didn't give much else, turning around to get home and curl up into an anxious ball. However, from the way the three boys outside rushed to your side you began to think they weren't going to give you the chance to. 

OUTLAW || ATEEZ x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें