3

You kept your head down as you fiddled with the man's clothes trying to get them back onto him. However he quickly caught your wrists to keep your hands from touching him further. Your eyes were wide as you tried not to look up and meet the two men's stares. You were really hoping they wouldn't bring it up.

"Sweetheart." Mingi drawled, waiting for a reply.

"Of course not." You told him, moving out of his grasp. "I'm just a hostage."

You robotically turned on your heel and made your way out of the saloon. Everything would pass if you just knocked yourself out in your bed and waited for another patron to call for you. That is how you will solve all your problems.

You did not just patch up the one of the most wanted men in the country in your hotel. No, your hands were just shaking from a nightmare you were going to wake up from. It was not the adrenaline from getting the scare of your life after realizing who was sitting directly in front of you.

"Ah. Ah. Ah. We have some things to discuss." It was San who brought you out of your stupor.

The grip he had on your biceps made you stiffen, shuffling your feet along as he pushed you back towards the room. Your shoulders locked up as you felt uncomfortable in the situation. But with how your mind worked, the first thing you were planning was an escape route.

Right as you entered the bedroom, you began to look around trying to find things to use as weapons and where each man was standing or sitting. You also tried to assess the kind of people you were going to be up against.

They ranged in sizes, one taller than the next person. The only strategic thing about it all was that they were placed in corners of the room or sitting on the beds which meant the door was left unguarded. How you would get there you had yet to find out.

San shoved you in between the twin beds again, having you sit back down in the chair. You turned to the man who was on bed, noticing that he was without a shirt and had another sheet wrapped around his middle. He didn't look to be in major pain but his skin was still sweaty.

"Are you okay?" You asked him.

The man turned to you, giving you a small smile. "Of course. The Captain knows more than the other idiots for sure."

You nodded to yourself, watching as he closed his eyes before breathing heavily. You took a glance at his wound, the sheets turning a dark red. Your eyebrows pulled together as you tried to figure out why he was looking much paler than normal. He didn't seem to bleed as much as Mingi did so he shouldn't have been that sick.

"The wound is infected." You told him.

He slowly turned back to you, eyes opening up sluggishly.

"I know." He said.

"You have to go to the doctors." You rushed up, putting a knee on the bed to check on the man's wound.

A hand stopped you from getting any closer, which pulled your attention to the person. It was the blue haired man who had a tight grip on your hand.

"We got a problem." San spoke up.

"What more of a problem is there?" The stern cop rolled his eyes.

"She recognized Mingi." San looked towards the blue haired man, waiting for a response.

You glared at him, shoving his hand off your wrist as you sat back down into the chair. With a huff and crossed arms, you leaned back.

"No I didn't." You glared at San. "You just assumed I did."

"For someone sitting in between wanted men you sure do run your mouth." Wooyoung scoffed from the bed they ripped the sheets off of.

"It's how I cope in life or death situations." You turned to him.

"How many have you been in to know it's how you cope?" He questioned.

"This is my first time."

"Consider us lucky." Mingi butted in. "What do we do with her?"

San and Mingi were stationed in front of you so your only escape was through the window which was on the other side of Wooyoung's bed. However, the rest were crowded in that area of the room. You didn't have the time to open the window.

The man to your left began to cough, catching your attention. The others seemed too busy talking about your demise to even notice their friend was sick.

"You have to take him to the doctors." You spoke out loud. "His wound is infected and he is running a fever."

Mingi moved his long coat to the side as he came up to the man's side. With a hand to his forehead, the pink haired man pursed his lips.

"We can't take him to the doctors." Wooyoung scolded you. "In case you haven't noticed."

"Then let me get him medicine." You stood from your seat, but were pushed back down.

You looked around at all of them from under your lids, keeping your head straight.

"Look, you can discuss whatever it is you want to do with me later but right now I want to help him." You stood up again. "I'll get him the medicine he needs while you figure out the arrangement. No one has died inside the hotel since it was built and no one is going to die now."

Hongjoong pushed his comrades out of the way and moved closer to the one on the bed. He sighed deeply when he noticed how sickly he actually looked. Standing to his full height, he stared at you with a dead expression.

"If you so much as hurt a hair on his head, I will personally put a bullet through your skull."

You swallowed, nodding your head. "There's seven of you and one of me. I know when I've lost the fight."

"Good girl." He moved to the side, allowing passage to the door.

As you made it into the hallway and the door shut closed, you let out a breath. Just as the adrenaline was washing away from your body, you used up the last of it to make it to the breakroom. You jumped onto the bed before your body shut down completely.

Just as panic began to set in you tried breathing techniques to keep from making things worse. With the blanket held up to your nose, you clenched your fingers tightly. While you would have to think to yourself about things going much worse than they actually were, you realized you didn't actually feel scared until you saw the wanted poster.

You could have escaped the room, gone back to bed, and woke up in the morning thinking it was just a group of friends that the police officers had. But now you know there were bandits and wanted men staying in the same building as you. Worse yet, now your family has to deal with them.

After a good amount of time, your body seemed to have calmed down from the initial panic. However your mind was still on the works and you could not go back to sleep. It kept going back to the group and scenarios of things going south quickly. But with them in mind, so was the wounded man.

Glancing towards the dresser in the room, you came to a stand and started rummaging through the medicine cabinet. Finding a prescription bottle, you clenched them in your hand before going back out into the lobby.

With tight hands around the medicine, you walked back to the room. It took a moment for anyone to reach the door and open it up. Your breath got caught in your throat when the tall police officer opened it up.

"I don't have any more but give him one for now." You spoke fast, shoving the bottle into the officer. "I'll try to get more for him."

The man looked down at the bottle with a confused face, turning to you to ask more about it. However you were already shuffling back to your room, not bothering to turn your head.

"What is it?" Jongho asked, moving off one of the beds and closer to his partner.

Yunho turned the bottle over to read the label.

"Antibiotics." He told the younger man. "They're for Yeosang."

The two turned to look at their friend who was sweating buckets as he tried his hardest to breathe. They looked at each other before walking closer to their comrade and trying their hardest to feed him the medicine.

The night was always the hardest part.