21

You kept an eye on Jongho, who stayed quiet the entire trip back to the boys. You were glancing at him every so often, sighing when he just stared ahead. He didn't bother to look at you, which left you a mess.

It was way past the middle of the night by then, but the boys assured you it was not a problem. The one lantern they were using was enough to light the way. As you all pulled up to the camp, it was quiet until someone opened up their tent to take a look at what the noise was.

"What are y'all doing back?" Hongjoon asked, walking closer to the four of you.

"Plans changed." Yunho sighed, pulling you off of his horse. As you walked into the camp, the others had moved to put their horses where the others were.

San had gotten out of his tent, looking around and finding you waiting. He took notice of your tired expression, walking closer to you.

"You alright, Darling?" He asked, placing his hands on your arms.

You tried to give him a smile, but you were too emotionally tired. "Yeah. I'm fine, San." You told him.

"We're here if you need anything." He continued, rubbing his hand along your sleeve.

"I know you are." You whispered with a smile. "I appreciate it."

"You wanna go to sleep?" San perked up, pulling you along. "You can sleep in my tent. Let's get you into some other clothes."

You had a tired smile the whole time the man spoke to you. You allowed him to drag you into his tent, quickly moving about to find a clean shirt to give you. When he found what he needed, he handed it to you before moving back out the tent without a word.

You were grateful for how gentlemanly they all were. They could tease you all they wanted, but they for sure knew how to respect others. It was something you found yourself admiring. They were not at all what one would dare consider criminals. At least not when you got to know them. It left a bubbly feeling in your chest to think about them at all.

When you had finished dressing, San walked back in, giving a closed eyed smile when he took you in. A blush was starting to settle on his cheeks as he enjoyed the sight of you in his clothing.

"Thanks for the shirt." You spoke up, moving to sit down on his bedroll.

San watched as your shoulders dropped and you began to fidget with your fingers. He knew the tale-tell signs that you were stuck in your own head and it was making you emotional.

"Hey, please talk to me." San spoke up, kneeling down in front of you. "I know something's bothering you."

Your bottom lip trembled as you tried not to cry in front of San. The man looked intimidatingâ€"seemed like he frightened just about anyone with how wide he looked. However, he was the sweetest man you had ever met. You knew he was someone who would listen to you.

"I had a fight with my parents." You softly told him.

"Those sometimes happen." San scooted closer, moving to your side.

Tears started to pool in your eyes once more, lips wobbling as you tried to speak. "Yeah, but not because they think you're aâ€"a who-"

"You are not!" San stopped you from finishing. He looked at you with furrowed eyebrows, almost offended you dared to say that. "Don't ever think for one moment you are." He shook his head.

Your mind wandered back to earlier in the day, trying your hardest to justify what you had done. You knew that there was something wrong with what you were thinking. You were even honest with Mingi after he had kissed you. Not only that, you didn't know which one of them you liked in a romantic sense and it left you in a dilemma.