22

The next morning was spent waking up from the unbearing heat of the two boys squished to your side. While San had been kind enough to sleep at your side, giving you space, Wooyoung took the liberty of wrapping his arms around yours.

You were quick to learn that they were both cuddlers; though, seeing as you woke up with San wrapped around your other side reaching over you to touch Wooyoung. The other boy, however, had moved over in the end to have his own space. They went to sleep one way each and ended up in the other's position.

When you had stepped out of the tent, the only other ones awake were Seonghwa and Jongho. The younger boy only gave you a look before moving to head back into a tent. Seonghwa gave you a sad smile when he saw your shoulders drop at the boy's retreat.

You walked over to the eldest, giving him a good morning. You glanced over at the pot he was stirring, the man making breakfast for everyone. You made yourself useful by helping him out, which he appreciated a lot.

Once you had eaten your breakfast and everyone was finally awake and moving about, Hongjoong had called to tell everyone that they were going to be heading out to clean. "There's a spring that grew from the brook here." He had told you, lugging a bag over his shoulder. "It's a bit of a walk, so get your things ready and we'll be on our way."

You nodded your head at him, moving towards the tents to gather whatever it was the boys couldn't. They didn't have many clothes, but whatever you deemed smelly, you immediately picked it up to wash. While they hadn't told you to do it, you felt like you were in debt to them. Besides, you were going to wash your own skirts and likes as well.

"Doll, can we talk?" You looked up to find Mingi at the tent, getting a sense of déjà vu.

"Of course, Min." You smiled at him.

The kind boy began to blush, walking closer to you. "Look, I don't want you to think anything negative of me-"

You frowned as he started his conversation. "I could never." You stopped him. "Mingi, you mean more to me than anything. You saved me and I will always be thankful for that."

Mingi sighed as he took in your words. He knew you were someone who wore your heart on your sleeve. You were going to tell them all what was wrong. He had already heard it from you last night when you were alone with him.

He didn't want you to think of him as someone who forces others to do what they want. While you had kissed him back with the same kind of feelings, he didn't want you to regret what it was you did.

"It's not that." He shook his head. "It's about our kiss. I don't want you to think that I'm taking advantage of your vulnerability."

You tried to hold in your chuckle, a soft smile falling onto your lips. You found it astonishing to hear someone like Mingi was worried about what you thought of him. There was so much talk you would hear from women on the street talking about their husband's actions towards them.

They were stories you didn't find joy in hearing. You wouldn't be able to tell if they were truly sad in their marriage or if they were just trying to get sympathy from their friends. But you knew the way most men treated their wives was not how you wanted to be treated.

Somehow, here was Mingi, one of the tallest men you had ever metâ€"next to Yunhoâ€" telling you that he didn't want you to see him as someone who would take advantage of a woman. It brought joy to your being to know he cared about what you thought of him.

"Mingi, you know me." You softly told him. "I understand where you are coming from but I know for a fact you would never be that kind of person. None of you are. Thank you for respecting my boundaries and telling me about it." You smiled up at him, a teasing glint in your eyes. "I like that you're willing to communicate your fears. I find it appealing."