19

You all had decided it would be best to go back home the same day. Now that you knew where the boys were camping in, it wouldn't be much of a hassle. However, the issue with the whole ordeal was that the sun had begun to set as you began your journey back home. That didn't keep the boys from wanting to get you home, though. Yunho explained to you that it was a good way to stay on your father's good side.

Nonetheless, you didn't realize someone had already tainted that for you.

As soon as your siblings saw Yeosang's horse pulling up the driveway, they rushed outside to be the first to greet you. "(Y/N)!" Your sister called, and your youngest brother ran outside along with her.

The 6-year-old clung to your legs, stuffing his face into your skirts. "What is it?" You asked worried.

Your sister sighed deeply as she calmly walked closer to you. "Dad isn't in the best mood at the moment." She pulled back your brother, moving to carry him on her hip. "I thought you weren't going to come back for another day." She told you.

You took a glance at your house, then back to Yeosang. He looked at you worried, waiting for you to say something. "It's fine, Yeo. You can go home. I'll see you tomorrow." You told him.

The man only looked at you skeptically, but ultimately decided to listen. He gave you a goodnight and a bow of his head to your sister.

"What's wrong?" You asked your sister. You two slowly made your way into the house, stopping at the door.

"I tried to tell them it was probably nothing, but they wouldn't listen." She shook her head.

"Listen to what?" As you walked in, you noticed your father sitting at the dining table with a beer in his hand.

Your father was never a drinker, only socially. He was a bartender himself, so he knew better than anyone else what it was like to fall into alcoholism. With the way he was looking at you, you knew he started drinking to think about something grave.

"You're back early." He called out to you. Your mother stopped washing the dishes, turning around to look at whom he had talked to. You gave your sister a look, telling her to take your brother upstairs.

"Yeah," You quietly spoke, walking closer. "Yeosang brought me home after Seonghwa said he could get back safely. Is something wrong?" You asked, looking over your father with crossed arms.

Your mother sighed, going to answer you, but your father was quick to answer your question. "Why didn't you tell us you were seeing that deputy staying in the hotel?"

Your breath got caught in your throat, however, you only gave them a confused look. As far as you know, only a selected few people knew about how you were with Yunho that night. It was an excuse the boys came up with that day you were in jail. Where on earth did your parents possibly hear that?

"Because I'm not?" You frowned. "Where did you hear that?"

"Sheriff Hendricks came to see us earlier. He told us that on the night of those murders you were with the officer." Your father's jaw locked up, he looked at you with offense. "Is he the reason you stayed overnight instead of Seonghwa? Was it to be with that man?" He began to talk louder, which began to bother you.

"No, that's not it-" You shook your head.

"Then what is it (Y/N)!?" He stood from his chair. "Why do I have the sheriff coming to my door and accusing my daughter of being a street walker?"

You froze at his words. You gasped out and looked at him with an appalled expression. "A what?" You clenched your jaw. "You'd rather believe a man over your own daughter!?" You took a deep breath.

"Yes, I'm seeing the deputy. What is the problem?" You agreed, hoping to get your parents to understand that you were not what the gossip was talking about.

"The problem is the entire town has seen you with other men. They said you were with two at one point!" Your father kept going.

You only seemed to grow angrier at the mention of your time-out with Wooyoung and Jongho. You always saw girls around other boys, and yet for some reason you were the one being singled out. "And!? I have friends, Dad. My life is more than just the hotel." You told him.

"Yes, but these friends are grown men your age!" He stressed.

"(Y/N), you're at that age where people are going to start assuming the worst of you because you aren't married yet. You have to be careful with how you act." Your mother softly told you, moving towards you.

What was the difference if you were 16 or 25? If anything it was worse for girls younger than you because who knew what hormonal teenage boys were doing with them. But no one wants to talk about that. They care too much about the unmarried woman in her 20's being seen around town with more than one man at a time. It upset you to see that people really didn't have their priorities straight.

"Ever since those coppers showed up all of a sudden I've seen you out and about with men. Not just one but multiple." Your father returned to his seat. "This isn't like you. You would never be caught dead speaking to men like that."

Your anger began to bubble up again. They didn't know what the boys were truly like. Maybe you wouldn't want to tell them they were criminals, but they were people who didn't look down at you. They were the ones who told you for the first time they liked the attitude you had. They welcome you with open arms, even if it took a bit of time to gain their trust.

Not only that, but they didn't make you feel like you were a waste of space in the world.

"Men like that?" You frowned. "Those men have treated me better than anyone ever has. They are the first real friends I've made because no one likes the way I act. They don't make me feel like I have to change." Tears began to swell in your eyes.

"They actually want to know me." You spoke quietly.

"Sweetie, they are men." Your father shook his head. "They only want one thing. You really think that many men would be after you if they didn't have something in mind."

You had never once thought of the boys in any way that wasn't platonic. After your kiss with Mingi you started to see them differently, but never once had you thought about any of them doing those kinds of things to you. With what has transpired to you weeks ago, you knew that was going to be far from their minds.

Wooyoung was a flirt and the boys started to get more comfortable with you to give compliments and call you sweet names, but they never pushed you to do anything with them. They were gentlemen who respected your space. They wouldn't push you to do something you didn't want. Even if there was still a lot you were missing about their stories, you knew them well enough to know they would never.

"I thought that was what you wanted?" You tried to stay at an even tone, not wanting to raise your voice at your father. "You told me to get on Yeosang's good side. Get him to marry me."

"Yeosang isn't going to marry you if you're a pros-"

"(F/N)!" Your mother screamed before he got the chance to finish.

You almost stumbled back from the sudden whiplash of emotions. Your anger seemed to fall from your shoulders as you looked at your father with a blank stare. The only thing you could feel crawling up your body was shame. Shame that your parents would ever think of you so lowly. The thought of knowing that they would rather listen to gossip they'd hear on the street than your own words. It made you disappointed.

"A what?" You whispered. "If I'm a what?"

"(Y/N)-" Your father sighed regretfully.

"Say it!" You screamed at him.

When he wouldn't look you in the eyes, your lips began to tremble as your chest started to tighten. With a stomp of your foot, you whipped around to run out the house.

"(Y/N)!" Your parents rushed after you. "Get back here!"