Chapter 5

Laxmi (  POV)

It feels like ages that I walked into a party after that incident. Parties hold no charm for me anymore. Since he left my life everything became black.

Same goes for Arnav, we two broken souls still finding a way to get whole again. We walked into the party. Many important people have gathered here.

" Mr sen .. welcome, welcome...I am so glad that you decided to join our party. " Said Mr Khurana walked towards us. I have met with him before for meetings so I know it's him.

" Thank you for having us Mr Khurana. " Said Arnav in his own way. " That's my wife Rashmi khurana...we are glad that you could be here. " he said with a smile.

" Pleasure is all mine. " replied Arnav. He who was fine , happy and talkative has once again become that cold hearted Arnav.

" How rude of me ... welcome in our party Miss Ray , hope you like it here. " Said Mrs khurana and I ensured her it's all right. Than they went to greet other people.

Arnav and I talked with few other business people. " What was the party about ? " asked Arnav to me . Well , not that I know much about it but I think sam told me something about it.

" Well , Mr Khurana is handing his company to his daughter. His daughter is the one who helped him expand his company...so.." I told him and he nodded.

" What kind of business? " he asked me , never saw him going somewhere so underprepared , " They're mostly dealing with spices, and has recently opened a branch in our town. New money. " I told him. I don't know why sam gave me all that information.

" They were not so famous than what changed over time ? " asked Arnav looking at his phone for more information about the khurana family.

" Their daughter started managing and she came up with a new ingredient, fresh and healthy ...that became a huge hit. " I told him.

" Not much information is there on the net about the daughter. " he said while reading the article on his phone. " Others say she just got back from London and has settled here. " I told him and he has put his phone away.

" Ladies and gentlemen...today I am very glad to welcome you all in my party. It's a very special day for me and I am so glad that you took your precious time to be here. " Said Mr Khurana attracting everyone's attention.

" Few years ago ' khurana companies ' were nothing but with your help and support, love of my family and hard work of my daughter we are here. " he said and I could see him getting emotional.

" My daughter who has made my dreams come true , my daughter who worked very hard for the company, I am finally happy to introduce you to all my daughter Karishma khurana..." he said and their was huge clapping.

We all looked towards the stairs to look at the girl coming down from the stairs. It's little dark so we could only see a female figure getting down.

When the lights came and we finally saw the girl walking down the Stairs, my whole world just changed....it's , it's khushi. She is wearing a red party dress with her long hairs open. Our khushi is alive.

I looked towards Arnav and he looks like he froze in one place. She walked over to Mr Khurana and he said few more words about her but I couldn't concentrate cause all I was watching was khushi.

After the Introduction was over she started moving around the round talking with everyone. And slowly she walked over to us. I couldn't control myself and said " khushi..."

" Khushi.. no I am Karishma...nice to meet with you. You're? " She asked me and I don't know how to reply or what to say to her. Arnav who was in a zone finally responded with a sudden blast.

" Khushi ..Khushi you're alive , you're okay..." he said holding her. His eyes are full of tears. " Excuse me , I don't know what you are saying but I am not khushi. What's wrong with you people? " She asked pushing Arnav away from her.

" You're khushi...our khushi. Don't you remember me ? Where have you
been ? " asked Arnav to her. " I am not khushi...stop making me a person that I am not. " she said with an angry tone.

Maybe she is right , she may not be khushi cause my sister is never rude. And here she almost pushed Arnav to floor .

" What's going on ? " asked Mr Khurana walking towards us. " That guy just tried to touch me. Sorry to say but your guest is pretty creepy. " she said with a disguist in her face.

" No , no it's a misunderstanding. " I told hurriedly. I have to make things normal here before doing any actual work. I took out my phone to get some khushi's pictures.

" Here , this is picture of my sister and his wife who is... unfortunately not with her anymore...that's why the confusion began. " I told showing them the picture of Arnav and khushi's wedding.

" No way , she looked just like me ...look dad. " Said Karishma showing the picture to her dad. Who for a fraction of seconds looked very tensed and something I should focus on.

" Yes , but that's not my daughter young lady. Sorry for your loss. " Said Mr Khurana returning my phone to me . Arnav's eyes are still on her.

" I think you should take Mr sen home , he will feel much better at home. " said Mr Khurana, that's the polite way of saying ' get lost ' .

Staying here will do no good , we will just become gossip of the night so it's better to leave. " Let's go Arnav...sorry for the trouble Mr Khurana. " I told him and walked out of the mansion with Arnav.

We drove back silently cause we both are in utter schok. We have thousands of questions in our heads ...and only one person who can find out the answers...Samrat.