4. A battle for sweets .

Zoya ( POV)

" Nisha calm down .....before you know I will be there. I know its your mahendi ....my team is their right...don't worry everything is going to be alright I told you we can't make it like 'beyhaad' but that girl literally burned her mandap you want that ? " Their is silence on the other end of the phone. The much serial I had to watch for the wedding is too much.

" Nope, not like that. " she whispered , finally she is on the track , " I know don't worry it going to be okay ... You selected another drama..okay.....yes , yes they will do it just like the serial
' Beppanah ' ....don't worry , see you soon. " I cut the call , literally the bride is going crazy but I promised maa that I will talk with Arnav now what should I do ? . Another call came its Ana my assistant.

" Mam please hurry up I am ready to die " she said and here goes my drama queen. " Calm down !will you , no more drama. Now go in the van and see the dancing team is ready or not , adi will be their with his celeb friend. " I told her , she told " she is shouting from morning about how she wants her mahandi and sangeet and still wants to show that it was a surprise party , how on earth it can be a surprise when you literally plan it . " she growled.

" That's the bride ana we have to bear with her , don't get cross its her day let her enjoy it. You do what I said and I will be there before you know it OK. " I told her. " Promise ? " she almost pleaded. " Promise. " I told and cut the call , god now what on earth am I am going to do ? God I need help.

" This place smells delicious... What's cooking ? " samrat's voice broke my chain of thoughts , well if he talks with Arnav than I can go for work....thank you so much god , you saved my life . Samrat chaudhary , best friend of Arnav, he is a lawyer and let me tell you he is completely different from Arnav , like night and day different.

Arnav is little introvert but sam is extrovert, Arnav is little serious but sam flirts around all the time , ...I don't know how on the earth they became friends but here they are.....life teaches you so much everyday.

As he walked in, well what's wrong with him now ? , why he looks like he was hit by a cyclone on the way of our home. His condition looks horrible. As he felt my stares on his condition he sat on the counter and told " Don't ask Bhabi. " But how to hold in my curiosity ? I mean look at his condition.

" I would like to ask

" I would like to ask.....exactly what happened to you ? " I asked him. He made a face than corrected his tie , his coat and told
" That's a long story. And trust me you have more better things to do than hear my crappy story. " I would have loved to listen his story but I have a wedding to attended.

" Well , never mind, can you just be with Arnav and see what's bugging him ? , he seems really angry. Like he stormed inside the house few minutes ago like tornado and still inside his room. " I told him serving two bowls of halwah for two of them .

" Tell me something I don't know.....I would have been surprised if you told me that our Highness was in a very good mood. But what must have happened ?....any idea ? " he asked.

" I told him to meet with a nutritionist for maa and he did went but came back like that , so I guess something didnt went his way. But I am worried. " I told him. He asked " Why worry so much about a doctors ....I mean yeah ! We mustn't hurt anyone's feelings but she is not a family ? " a calculative lawyer I must say , he will love you for his profit.....no he is kind of sweet too , gives me the feeling that I have a wild little brother.

" She is daughter of maa's best friend and I think there is something like family history attached with her. " I told him and he told " okay than that's bad... K , let me try. " he announced , thank god that will save my life. " Thank you bhai. " I told him and pulled his cheeks.

" Stop treating me like a child . " he told and made a face but got delighted by the sight of the halwah bowls and asked " What halwah are they ? " I brushed his hairs with my fingers so that he would look more like a decent that he is not. " Bread halwah and sujih halwah. " he smiled like a child and took several pictures for insta.... that guy.

" okay , I am leaving, let me known what happened okay

" okay , I am leaving, let me known what happened okay.....and before leaving...." I wanted to say but he stopped me and told
" Can't you leave this handsome devar alone ? " and here you go his teasing started.

" Are you done ? " I asked him and he with a finger in his lips ( like kids of kindergarten ) stood in front of me. " Good , now listen not even one spoon of halwah for misti maa ( my mother in law , yes he calls her that) " as I told that he looked at me with a question look on his eyes.

" she eat a bucket of ice cream and I don't want any more sugar in her today. " I told her and he nodded with understatement. I must hurry for my work but as I turned around to leave I heard a voice
" Bahu... are you in the kitchen ? " and here comes danger , if she finds out I made halwah than she will jump on it.

" Sam hide the food hurry up. " I told and together we hid everything and stood like we are just having casual gossip with each other.

" This place is smelling heavenly what have you Cooked ? " she asked with a smile. " Nothing special maa...just normal stuff. Look your sondesh ( that's a bengali sweet and she calls him by that name , wearied naming ceremony ) is here. " I pointed at samrat hoping that will distract her for a bit.

" You made halwah ....can I have some ? " she said , my heartbreaks every time she ask for something like that but can't give her food cause that's restricted for her.

" Misti maa , for some food you didn't acknowledged your sondesh ? ... I am so hurt. " and here starts our Highness drama. He hide his face with my veil and started to cry ( fake ). But as he moved his head up leaving my veil , maa spotted the bowl of halwah , she took the bowl and ranned away with it like a kid.

" Catch her. " I shouted and together we ran behind her , she is so strong when it comes to food. Sam broke a vase trying to catch maa , I nearly slipped in the floor but sam caught me in time and we started the Chase again.

We ranned around the swimming pool , near the garden and finally caught her with the bowl of halwah. She made a face but we can't allow her to eat that sweet thing. " Maa , when I get back I will cook something very delicious for you OK. " I promised her and than helped her in her room as she was exhausted from all the running.

I packed some lunch and sweet for my hubby , he must be very hungry. Samrat went to meet Arnav and I am good to go ,god hope the bride is not freaking out , wish me luck.

~~~~~~Authors Interview ( AI ) ~~~~~~~

Author : So sam exactly what happened with you that day ?
Samrat : I think this is a family story.....you don't want to get it age restricted right ?
Author : Act like I didn't even asked that question.