chapter 47: extenuating circumstances (Wesker's P.O.V.)

A week had passed since Alex had abducted my precious lotus. Things around the facility were feeling heavy. Gale and Jill had been distant from others. Arjuna hadn't returned to Phoenix Corps.

"Albert, please, you must get some rest! You haven't taken a break at all since Tabitha was taken. Even a god can be run ragged." Excella said, injecting my stabilizer into my arm as I stared through piles upon piles of research.

"Enough! I shall rest when I deem it necessary!" I said, turning my head to glare daggers into my moron of an assistant.

"But Albert, I'm only trying to help get your mind off..." She said as I snarled, grabbing her by her twigish neck.

"Off what!?! Do you mean my kidnapped wife? who happens to be around midterm of pregnancy with three of my  children? That the fact stands our only form of contact is in a coma in our medical bay. The worst part is that he was under Alex's control due to her installing a sleeper microchip clearly based on Sergeis technology. The only one we had was stolen three months prior." I growled, noticing her eyes echoing in fear.

"Wesker! He is awake!" Jill said as she walked into my office.

I dropped Excella and faced Jill. Her face was behind her crow mask. She sounded as emotionless as I had when  confronting Excella.

"Show me!" I ordered storming out of mine and Tabitha's lab.

Me and Jill quickly arrived at the medical bay housing agent Nighthawk. Arjuna was in the corner of the room, his fingers interlocked and chin resting on them. Steve stood adjusting the medicine dripping into Nighthawk's veins.

Nighthawk's face was forlorn as he looked away from me. I noticed his eyes were no longer grey and had a spark of life. There was nothing but dread emanating from the agent.

"Tell me nighthawk, what connection do you have to my sister?" I spoke, folding my arms.

My eyes trained on to the sullen man as he finally spoke, "I'll start in the beginning. To start, my name is Alecto, as everyone in this room is aware I was an Umbrella Experiment under project A.C.R.O.H. The woman who raised and birthed me was the project lead. However, unbeknownst to me, she was but a surrogate at Spencer's orders."

"That sounds like something he would do, Continue." I said through gritted teeth.

With a heavy sigh, the agent continued, "I learned of this just after the Christmas party. There was an intruder in the forest surrounding the  lodge. The security chief, Billy, went out to investigate. I took the north and  west portions of the forests while he covered the remaining directions. I ended up on the outside of the airstrip. That was where I saw this freaky B.O.W.  it was mutated weirdly and damn near invisible. If it weren't for my hawk like vision, I probably would have been killed. The thing had a glowing pustule that once I destroyed it, the creature died."

Arjuna just stood up and exited the room. It was clear he was deeply affected by this whole ordeal. I heard a light almost choked back sob, Nighthawk.

"I was snuck up upon by a woman in white. She stabbed my neck with a syringe, and the next thing I knew, I was in an unknown med bay that was different from Phoenix Corps. As soon as I realized I was captured, I tried to escape. The moment I broke free from my bindings, an alarm rang out. The room filled with gas, and I ended up on the ground. The woman in white stepped into the home holding a remote."

(Flash back Nighthawks pov)

"Now now, birdy. I wouldn't try and fly the nest so soon. After all the wounds from your surgery haven't fully healed." The woman said coldly.

I pushed myself up using my wings to enforce my balance, "Screw you! Just who the hell do you think you are?"

"My name is Alex, and your name is Alecto. As much as it is to have my blood working under that so-called Phoenix, you will be my greatest asset to achieving parts of my goal." She  said, clicking a button on the remote sending shockwaves of pain through my spine.