Chapter 20: Lost Love (Wesker's P.O.V.)

I watched Tabitha's torso fall into the arms of Steven. I dashed over to her and lifted her out of his arms. Staring as her sliver hair returned to the chocolate brown I remember her eyes were. It seems the angelis virus brightened her hair. She was even more stunning than she was before the mansion incident.

"Where is the infirmary?" I asked without delay.

"Her medical facilities are behind her office, sir." Archer stated matter-of-factly, "The angelis virus is currently unstable and she is a threat while she is unconscious."

"Grant me access to the room and I'll carry my dear Tabitha there." I started heading out of the containment room, "Steve and Agent Nighthawk, you'll follow me. Once you have granted me access Archer go to inform the White Queen of the situation.".

"As Tabitha's husband, you have some rights to Pheonix Corps. I'll allow you access to our commander's medical room. I'll let her decide on what all you can have access to when she awakens." Archer spoke leading us through the hallway and stopping halfway to Tabitha's office he turned to look at me, "It has been eight years since you two have been together and this morning she told me she couldn't keep her cover anymore due to her heartache of not being with you. Did you feel the same way about her?"

I looked down at the unconscious form of my wife and kissed her forehead.

"All I ever cared about was making a new world where I'd have her by my side. Cleansing the world of all that would do us harm. I busied myself with my work, but it was almost agony when I didn't have her by my side." I said continuing to her office.

Archer pushed past me, opening the door to Tabitha's med bay. I saw a hospital bed with shackles connected to it. I set her down and pulled the blanket over her. Her unconscious form was as beautiful as the nighttime sky.

"She's likely to be out for some time." the white queen AI said appearing beside the bed as Archer shackled her to the bed and left.

"about how long do you think?" I asked while grabbing Tabitha's hand.

"more than likely she'll wake up in three hours once injected with her viral stabilizer which Arjuna is preparing now." The AI spoke.

"Arjuna? Do you by chance mean Archer?" I inquired.

"Arjuna is the name given to him by Tabitha. His name before was a number given to him by Umbrella. When she saved him in 2003, she gave him the name Arjuna due to his bow skill." The White Queen said.

"After her favorite hero from mythology, I remember the night she told me that. it was our third date. Our first actual date was not just a coffee on the train we got an actual weekend pass and went to an Italian restaurant. They kept messing up my order and they told her if she thought she could do it better to take the reins in the kitchen. She laughed and gave me her food which was a pasta puttanesca which was my second choice. She was kind even when others didn't deserve it. That day we decided to start trying for a relationship, not just being friendly towards each other." I motioned for Steven and Nighthawk to return to their regular duties. With them leaving I leaned over and whispered taking Tabitha's hand.

"You'll be a goddess by my side again my dear. I won't let you go as I did during the mansion incident, my dear lotus one of my deepest regrets was abandoning you." silent tears fell down my face.

"She will be happy to hear that sir," Archer said entering the room holding an injector," she should wake up soon with this. Once I give her this dose, I have something to show you."

"And what is it that you would like to show me?" I asked drying the few tears that shed.Archer injected Tabitha with the serum inside the syringe, "The place where Pheonix Corps started. Please follow me.".

He walked out of the room and I followed close by. Leading me up what seemed like endless corridors and flights of steps until we reached the main lobby. I stared at the massive picture of Tabitha and the massive tattoo that marked her as Umbrella's property. Now on her shoulder was a massive twisting scar, a forever reminder of mine and her past. Next to the fireplace, there was a door with a snake carved into the handle.

"This room was the first one completed of the Phoenix Corps hunting lodge," he lowered his voice and continued speaking "and is the second most secured room because of the contents. the only place more secure is the Pheonix Corps base."

"And why is it so secure? Money, security servers?" I inquired.

"As well this is also where the deed lies and a special letter to Lady Tabitha from Spencer. It is where she came after the mansion incident and where she started her war with Umbrella." He spoke opening the door after pulling out a three-prong key from it.

"Her game against Spencer.... what does the letter say?" I asked walking into the room.

"I will allow you to read it only to know why she went back to raccoon city after coming here in the first place. I will be the first one to tell you it was not for her siblings."

"It was to track me down right? That is what I saw from the nest footage in the files she left for me to review." I spoke.

"You are partially right but her main goal was different. It is all explained in that letter." Archer said closing the door, and locking it behind us,

"Please understand that what I am doing is for Tabitha's good. I really shouldn't have even allowed you in here, but she can not hide from this anymore.".

He had taken out a ripped open letter and a manilla envelope from a beat-up ebony desk.Handing the items to me with shaky hands Archer spoke in a deadly serious voice, "This is how her war against umbrella and the rise of the Pheonix Corps.

Taking the letter and the deed I sat down at the security desk. Setting the manilla envelope with the deed aside, I unfolded the letter and began to read. Spencer's voice echoed through my head as I read the handwritten letter. He told her how he had given Birkin the virus and how he had planned my betrayal of Umbrella. My grip grew tighter word after word. He said that she was the perfect choice to become the next heir to Umbrella even though she left after our son was born. He even offered a place by his side till I and my sister returned to him.

He wanted her to run Umbrella and become an entirely different person than she was. He told her to return to mine and her home, that she would be able to find my plans in my office under a false bottom in the floor. I aggressively sat the letter down.

"Spencer lured her into a trap, just so she could be experimented on," I growled out.

"Not quite it was a genuine offer Spencer gave her. She was here when Sergei delivered that letter to her. Sergei called her here under the pretense of claiming your remains. This room is where Sergei tried to claim her as his own the first time. She left the deed here and ran back to raccoon and you know the rest." Arjuna said turning towards the cameras.

Beep beep...

Archer pressed the button on his choker turning his com link active.

"Archer here." He said.

"Yea uh this is Steve Burnside we have a situation. She's gone." Steven said, "the bed she was restrained to is broken in half.".

I felt my heart stop for a second. Where was Tabitha? Does she fear me that much? Or was she fleeing from her past again?

"I know where she went..." Archer trailed off, " she went to see her daughter's grave... the one she hid in the forest."

hey everyone slifarianhawk hope you all have a wonderful day next chapter is coming up soon.