Chapter 17: a long couple days

Original P.O.V.

Tick tock, the clock in the interrogation room slowly clicked away. Then the door opened revealing my exhausted little brother. Crap, this would be impossible to hold my story of me being Alistar. He knows about Alistar's death.

"So you're my deceased niece, you look an awful like your mom," He said unplugging the camera and recording devices, "so here is what's going to happen, you're going to cut the bullshit and tell me who exactly you are."

"drop it, dude, I came peacefully and no one was harmed by my team," I said rolling my eyes.

"Is that what they told you? Then they must have left out what your boss did Ms. Lancaster." Chris said throwing a file down revealing the youngest member of the capture team had his heart ripped straight from his chest.

My heart sank. Of course, he would kill without hesitation. Stupid of me to assume he'd listen to me. With a few coughs, I removed my contacts and lifted the file.

"you got me, Chris." My voice changed to my normal voice, "You of all people know I'd never intentionally cause anyone harm."

Tears dripped down my face as I felt a warm embrace. Chris pulled me close and wrapped his arms tight. It was strangely comforting.

"Like I told you when you started this mess. You are not a monster." He said as Clive walked in.

"He is right you know. You are just doing your job." O'Brian said sitting down at the table.

"Sir why are you?" Chris looked confused.

"The mission to bring Albert Wesker to justice. It's a joint mission between The Pheonix Corps. and the B.S.A.A. The only agent assigned to it from both was Tabitha Wesker. An off-the-books assignment only three people knew of." Clive said shaking his head, " four now."

".......I'M HER BROTHER!.... WHY WASNT I TOLD!" Chris started shouting.

"I did tell you what was going on and I regret it. Did you drink away that night I called you!?!" I shouted O'Brian put his hand on my shoulder.

"We believe he has someone tailing you. You knowing now puts her in danger of being caught and killed. She has tempted fate three times and I'm sure the next time she does death will sweep in and..." clive quickly dropped his sentence.

"Don't write me out of the plot just yet O'Brian." I said in a chiding tone, "My time is short archer is almost here I can just feel it. Chris, I need you to stop worrying I'll be fine.".

"But T, you're my sister. I can't help but feel worried. He is my worst enemy and you are parading around for him like a prized bitch. I am warning you he will be the death of you and the world."Chris said falling to his knees in defeat.

"come on agent Wesker, let's get you out to your subordinates," O'Brian said opening the door for me.

"I am doing whatever it takes to take him down Chris," I said placing in my contacts and leaving the room barely catching what Chris murmured under his breath.

"don't lie to yourself....." the door closed behind us.

{timeskip}

"Ms. Lancaster, I see you have returned," Wesker stated standing in front of my desk alongside White Queen.

"Yes sir," I said with a slight bow, "They thought I was part of a black market deal but thankfully Pheonix Corps is sanctioned by the UN. so they had no excuse to hold me."

"quite, your AI companion explained the situation quite well. the Pheonix corps, it's similar to Tricell. Tabitha built this place perfectly to manipulate the world to her goals." Wesker started walking to the massive window overlooking the vehicle bay, "and now you Ms. Lancaster, tell me who they serve? you or this despicable world we live in."