chapter 30: shots fired (normal P.O.V)

I walked into Gales's training room clapping, "Not bad for the first spar in years between my best student and my greatest treasure."

I walked over proceeding to lift Albert off of Gale. He seemed lighter than normal, maybe the angelis virus was still active. Albert looked quite sternly at me and sighed.

"You should be resting my dearheart," Albert said leaning against me, holding my hand, and caressing my cheek.

"Get a room you two," Gale said walking out into the vehicle bay.

That was when the comms alert went off, "Nighthawk to Galeforce and Phoenix, agent Archer is down shot fired from tree line of the quarantine area." I snarled and my eyes flared bright freezing blue.

Gale looked back at me with a worried expression, "You OK, T?"

"Gods, why can I not catch a FUCKING BREAK TODAY?!?!?" I shouted sprinting up to my office, grabbing my bow, arrows, and black wakizashi. With my samurai edge on my side, I raced back down to the vehicle bay.

"Come on we're running it'll be quieter than the ATVs or bikes," Gale said exiting the vehicle bay to the outside.

"I will come with as much as Tabitha's assistant has grown on me I feel I should be there. " Albert said following Gale grabbing his trench coat from the training room and rushing to catch up with Gale. I was right behind him popping a viral activator pill. I felt my body's energy surge.

"Let's go." I took off towards the quarantine zone. I was screaming in my mind for being so careless. I activated my comm collar and called up Lupo.

"What do you need Tabitha?" Karena asked worried, "I heard the earlier transmission. We can mobilize if needed."

"No I need you to bring the medical transport to the quarantine zone," I said speeding ahead of Albert. There was electricity in my step and worry as well.

Shortly we saw Nighthawk and Arjuna lying on the ground.

"G....get down" Nighthawk coughed holding Archer up against his chest. Archer was shot in his lower abdomen. A tampon was haphazardly shoved into the wound.

I got low and pulled out my bow. The eighty-five draw weight was difficult but worth it. Notching my arrow I noticed the smell of gunpowder and a slight flash in the corner of my eye, "EVERYONE GET DOWN!" I ordered as a bullet whizzing past me struck Gale in the shoulder.

"FUCK!" Gale shouted falling to his knees.

I quickly let my arrow fly striking the tree where the shot came from.

I quickly switched from my bow to my wakizashi and quickly charged the tesla coil so I could have a stunning blade. Albert grabbed my hand but with a quick jolt, I dashed towards the tree line.

"TABITHA! GET BACK!!" Albert yelled and I jumped back as a bullet lodged itself in the ground.

"Phoenix Corps. more like special needs Corps." A voice said over the comm link.

I picked up the bullet and fear pooled in my stomach, the way it was shattered indicated it was a hollow-tipped round. Another shot rang out this one grazed Gale's cheek the bullet shattering on contact barely missing his eye. He fell back

"Damn, I missed again." The voice coming through the comms said.

"Come out you coward!" I shouted.

The next thing I knew an explosion ripped through the trees and I saw a cloaked figure running back toward the old Umbrella base.

I'm going to find this bastard and make him pay dearly for harming Arjuna and Gale. I stopped in my tracks, Juna! I didn't hear a mag change he must have been shot with the hollow-tipped rounds as well.

"ARJUNA! GALE!" I ran back to them, Nighthawk clutching Archer in his arms crying.

"No please No, not my Juna," I said falling next to Archer his breathing was ragged, and blood was pouring from the tampon that Nighthawk used to plug the wound. I unattached my med kit and grabbed a few cans of first aid spray. I tossed one to Gale while I removed the object that was plugging Archer's wound.

"I'm sorry June. I'll be faster next time." I sprayed his wound and watched as it slowly closed.

"Ugh, Tabitha? What happened?" Archer said waking up.

"You rest Juna. Lupo is en route with the medical transport. You were shot with a hollow point in your lower abdomen I don't think it's fatal. It's still a serious injury though." I said worried as Lupo arrived.

"You get going boss I'll get these two into medical quickly." She said pulling out a stretcher.

"Gale, load up with Archer you both need to be seen and have those bullet fragments dislodged from ya'lls bodies, " I ordered.

"Got it, boss lady," Gale said hopping in the transport.

I walked over to Nighthawk and handed him my bow and arrows. I would barely be able to see in the forest or even worse the umbrella facility.

"Someone who dares harm my assets before I even have a chance to test them," Albert growled.

"Let's go, I have a bad feeling about this," I said holstering my Beretta and sprinting toward where the figure ran off.

"Tabitha wait!" Wesker shouted taking after me.

I slid down the hill and I was right. Just what I was afraid of, the umbrella facility was in my sights. I slid and stopped right *in front of the base. Albert ran up behind me and stood in front of me.

"What has gotten into you dearheart? You have never been the one to charge in not thinking of the outcome. That is more of your brother's thing."

"I'm scared, my love. Gale and Arjuna are my closest friends. I feel like this is my fault in some way." I sighed and slid through the broken-down doorway.

"That man was certainly after Chambers. We will track him down and get some answers for you." Albert said kicking down the broken-apart rubble.

"Then let's proceed with caution this place is," I got cut off by cement falling from the ceiling," falling apart..."

"Just be careful my lotus," Albert said

"I will Wesk," I said stepping forward, and like clockwork, I fell through a hole in the floor.

Hi there sorry for the short chapter but it will be worth it for the chapters that are coming up happy Halloween my name is Silfarianhawk and I'm not so far away