THE JOLLY BOREDOM RIDE(PART-2)

Shannon went to Lila's room and knocked and on seeing Shannon standing she turned and said 'XIEMA LISER WAND' The wand came soaring into her hands  'What do you want? Did you bring that old hag I...... mea...... mean the old woman...... along with you.'

'No' Shannon replied smiling decently but a roar of laughter was soaring inside her. 'I came to tell you that I am leaving. Bye,' Shannon said turning back and leaving.

'Where do you think you're going? My mom will finish me if she finds out that you left alone.' Said Lila in her shrieking voice.

Shannon turned back and replied. 'You no need to think that way. I asked Mom's permission and your mother will be aware of this tomorrow morning itself by the way thank you for your cooperation, consideration, and kindness you have shown to me.'

Shannon said smiling very happily and turning to leave as Lila screamed behind. 'How are you going to go? Teleport yourself or what.'

Glancing over the shoulders, Shannon replied. 'Yeah, A very good lucky guess. I suppose you are good with guessing.'
She walked straight back to the reception, not even bothering to turn back. The last word she heard of Lila was 'What'.

'ready' asked the grandmother standing next to her.

'Yes,' she said holding her suitcase and the bag on her shoulder.

'Hold my hand' she said and the minute she took hold of her hand she felt a dizzier feeling and all of sudden it was like going in a spiral direction.

Shannon closed her eyes. The speed was so high it wasn't something she liked one bit. The teleportation was taking longer time than what she ever expected. After a long time, her feet felt like touching safe ground.

'So, are you okay or are you feeling dizzy' she heard a voice.

Shannon opened her eyes to see a train more like the tube on Earth moving at rocket speed. The tech train station was way advanced compared to Earth. The place was full of people running hither and thither.

'Yes, fine' Shannon lied; she was never going to take a teleportation lift from anyone other than her parents. Her parents were quick and no feeling of dizziness touched her on that ride.

'Okay, then you are to go to that table' Grandma said pointing to a table with 'May I help you.' 'Ask them for a cabin. And you can be off to your academy, Shannon.'

Shannon nodded in reply, then a question sprouted in her mind. She wasn't sure if she had the right to ask. Pushing a piece of her dark hair behind her ear, she asked. 'Grandma, can I ask you something if you do not mind.'

'Yes, sure Shannon. What is it.'

'How did you recognize me on the bus? You were telling my mother something but you stopped in the middle. Can you tell me? why.............so.......secre.......secretive.' Her eyes glazed, doubting if she would get the reply.

The old woman grinned, then without blinking she replied in a voice that was nothing less than a whisper. 'Curiosity is something that makes your age special. A quality that too much or too little brings grave danger. You are smart but things are unfolded in time and not based on curiosity, child.'

Her voice changed all of a sudden. 'I wish the best of luck for you and yes, stay in your academy itself. Do not leave the premises unless necessary. Good luck with your first year at magic school. Wish you a good time.' She said in her huffy puffy voice and with a thick blue spark, she was gone.

'Grandma, What! Wait.' Shannon exclaimed but no use. She had already disappeared without a trace.

Without a second thought, she went directly to the counter that had the caption in front of it saying 'MAY I HELP YOU' and a lady with Dark hair up to her elbow sat at the counter, hazel eyes, an oval face, and pointy nose.