FACE TO FACE (PART-1)

Within the days that followed, Shannon started to feel a strange connection to the dragon. Even though how threatening the dragon tried to make itself look. She failed miserably. The dragon spent most of its time in the cave but when the sun would go down, she would fly around the sky doing fire tricks.

'Little girl, do you know what these fruits are called.'

'No.' Shannon replied honestly looking at a weird fruit that looked like corn but it was blue in colour.

'These are blue-corn fruits and they are really good medicines against many problems. Only found in Dragon Valley.'

'Definitely see why it is named like that.'

'Have them.' The dragon said moving the hamper towards Shannon. Shannon looked at her surprised. She never usually let Shannon eat with her or even let Shannon be inside the cave while the dragon was resting.

But after a few days, the dragon was acting a bit more politely towards Shannon. 'Are you sure, that I should have them?'

'Why not.' The dragon said munching on the blue-corn fruits. Shannon took a bite of the so-called blue corn and it tasted like lemon. It was sour full. But the taste didn't matter to her because she was very disturbed by a dream, she had seen the previous night about Volt. She didn't know why she felt that something was going to go wrong. It was a strange feeling.

'Little girl, what are you thinking about.' The dragon asked seeing Shannon lost in thoughts.

'Nothing, just an uncanny feeling.' Shannon replied, eating the blue corn fruit.

'On what.'

'Leave that.' Shannon said, looking at the clear sky. 'I will go get the usual dragon fruit. It's morning and the fruits I plucked a few days ago are almost over.'

First, the dragon looked at her unwillingly but on seeing, Shannon was looking at her suspiciously. 'Yes, go get some fresh dragon fruits.'

Shannon smiled at the dragon and was about to step out. The sky was getting darker, all of a sudden. Shannon called out to the dragon. 'Is it supposed to rain today?'

'No.' the dragon yelled. 'It is not-

The dragon fell silent when she saw the dark sky. Shannon saw a wave of fear running through the dragon's face. She roared in the most ferocious voice Shannon ever heard. It was even louder than the last time. With her roar, a golden cage covered the entire dragon valley.

'Is everything alrigh-

'Listen, little girl.' The dragon said cutting through. 'Get inside and don't step out.'

'Why may I ask.' Shannon asked curiously because of the dragon's strange behavior.

'No questions.' The dragon snarled. 'You are my slave, remember.'

'Yes, I remember.' Shannon replied. 'But that was not the way you treated me.' Shannon said in her mind. 'You treated me like a guest as well as a slave. What happened now- that is making you so worried.'

But Shannon didn't utter a word. She went inside the cave as the dragon took off. 'Dragon, you asked me to stay inside the cave but you didn't mention where.' Shannon said.

Shannon ran towards the small room where the dragon kept many ridiculous-looking things. The dragon had explained to her how to use certain things inside the room and one among them was 'long-distant-vision' equipment.

Shannon poured a bottle filled with a green liquid into a bowl filled with water and said in a clear voice. 'I want to see the royal dragon.'

A vision of the dragon appeared but she was not alone. A lady was there with her hair down. She had a staff with her. Her robes were a long cloak of Dark and purple. Her Dark iris was larger than ordinary ones. She looked more threatening than the man who was standing next to her. Both of them stood in the opposite direction of the dragon.