FACE TO FACE (PART-4)

In a trice, they reached back at the academy premises. Shannon said in a whisper. 'Jinni, make every Light present here resistant to high voltage electric shocks.'

Jinni turned and looked at Shannon with an explain-yourself look. 'Please trust me.' Shannon said and Jinni nodded.

Shannon then turned to the dragon and a low voice whispered. 'Sapphire.' Then with her eye movement, Shannon pointed to the sky. Veronica was so busy fighting Mrs Winson and others, that she didn't notice Shannon climbing on Sapphire's back.

Seeing Shannon on the dragon, Mahesh said. 'Shannon, go to the Dragon Valley and stay inside the cave. There Veronica, Volt, or neither of the Darks can enter.'

'Dad, I am definitely leaving but not to the cave or to hide like a coward but to fight Veronica.' Shannon answered in her mind.

'Dad.' Shannon said aloud, to her father. 'You said I am a fire fairy and a small fire is more than enough to put the entire forest in fire. I do not need to be the greatest of fairies and magicians to do this. She wants me and no matter where I go and hide. She will find me. If this is the day, I am meant to die then so be it. I am not going to run away from it.'

'Shannon.' Mahesh said in a soft voice. 'You are not thinking of fighting now, are you.' Shannon smiled and said boldly. 'Sapphire, now.'

The next moment the dragon was up in the air and the Darks kept on casting the spells. But Sapphire was too fast for them.

'Sapphire, try to go as high up as possible. From where I can shoot spells at Veronica. But she cannot spot me.'

The dragon swiftly flew past the dark clouds. The clouds that warned of Veronica's arrival were now going to help them in defeating her. But the problem was she couldn't properly see Veronica and the rest of the Darks.

All of sudden Sapphire flapped her wings furiously and the view of Veronica came in the middle of the sky. Veronica was looking with disgust at everybody. She was angry that Shannon escaped.

'What is your plan, my little girl.'

'Sapphire, I do not know if this will work.' Shannon said in a tense voice. 'A few days ago, Arjun told me that people like Volt and Veronica won't come to kill every people. Those murders will be handled by others whom they trust.

When Veronica herself stepped in to fight against me. She will learn how I am, and what spells I use frequently. When she sent her image to me. She must have paid very good attention to the spells I used.

Now, I go to trick her with it. She will only put the defense against the spells she knows I use frequently, not against any other spells.'

'That is an excellent plan, my little girl.' Sapphire remarked, smiling ear to ear.

'And for this plan to work. The king of trickster magic is going to help me.' Shannon said, looking at her wand. 'Double incantation confusion.'

'You sure it will work.' Sapphire asked. 'That is a very tricky spell.'

'Now, it doesn't matter to me. Whether I die or not. But nothing should happen to you.' She said taking the small bottle of 'protection liquid' out and pouring it over Sapphire's forehead. 'This will keep you safe.'

'Only help I can do is -this.' Sapphire said. 'When you are doing the double incantation confusion. Close your mind to all other things. Imagine the actual spell you want to use in your mind and how you want it to affect Veronica.

Then thinking the same say the other spell out loudly so Veronica will be tricked into creating the shield against the spell you shouted out loudly. But instead of the spell you said out aloud, the one you thought inside your mind would shooted.'