FACE TO FACE (PART-2)

'What happened.' Shannon asked weakly.

'You fainted.' The dragon replied placing the hamper next to Shannon. 'Have them, you will feel steady again.'

After taking a bite of the fruit, Shannon said. 'They are different compared to the one I used to get in the orchard. They are much tastier. Where did you get it from.'

'There are places in Dragon Valley you do not know yet about.' The dragon said. 'And thank you for saving my life. From that- Whoever they were.'

Shannon smiled but now she felt the urge, to explain to the dragon everything. The dragon was starting to mean a lot to Shannon. Even though it had bloodshot eyes or ferocious teeth. It was special to her.

The dragon interrupted Shannon's thoughts and spoke. 'You did save my life even though I kept you as a hostage.' The dragon stopped again, turning to the opening of the cave. He continued. 'I grant you freedom.' Then in a rude voice. 'Leave this place now. Never ever come back.'

Shannon got up and stood near the dragon. Noticing that Shannon was not leaving. The dragon in his usual ferocious voice said. 'I told you to leave and I meant, now! This moment. I do not want to see your face ever again.'

The dragon's voice didn't threaten Shannon anymore. 'Is that the thing I get in return for saving your life?'

The dragon turned to her looking surprised. 'What more do you want? I am granting you freedom from this place. Leave this place. Go to the place where your family is, be with people your meant to be.'

Shannon was trembling and biting her lips. She was nervous, to tell the truth. But the time has come. To clear the misconception in the dragon's mind was necessary. 'Freedom is a gift you granted me and it is a valuable gift. But if I walked into this slavery knowingly. Then does it make a difference?' Shannon asked.

'Why would you ever walk into the valley knowingly? Why would you ever want to turn your life into sorrows.'

'First, I walked in. Thinking I was going to get myself chained. And like you said into the world of sorrows but it was never like that.' Shannon said truthfully.

Dragon's eyes bulged open and she asked. 'So, you walked in knowingly.'

Shannon nodded in agreement and suddenly the dragon roared. 'So, why did you come here? If your mind was on getting my treasures. Then you are wrong.'

'What.' Shannon said in shock. 'No, it is not for treasure.' But the dragon wouldn't listen. It breathed fire out of his mouth and from nowhere chain cliffs came tying Shannon's hands to the cave.

The dragon then said to her. 'For a moment I thought you were a good-hearted one. But you came here to make me soft. From the day you came, you were trying to change my mind. To get complete control over me you hosted this scene with your friends who killed my kind.'

Shannon was puzzled for a moment. 'How did she know Veronica and Volt killed her kind? She was very young when it happened.' she asked herself.

'How did you know they killed your parents.' Shannon asked the dragon.

The dragon roared with laughter and spoke. 'My grandfather had granted me a small vision of what happened in the past. In a secret place here, there is something called the vision-granter. In it, I have seen my kind trembling and taking their last breath while those wicked women and men laughed. Your kind killed my kind and I will take vengeance for it. Now, you tried to trick me. So, I will show my fury to the entire Light.'

Shannon now clearly understood why the dragon hated the Lights. The dragon only saw the scene where Veronica and Volt ruthlessly kill the royal dragons. The dragon never knew about Darks and Lights fights or even the fact that a kind called Darks existed. She was assuming that Veronica and Volt belonged to Light. That is why the dragon hated Lights and tried to make their life miserable. But now it was Shannon's duty to make her understand the truth. Before she kills another set of innocent lives.