Part 43

After leaving Kenny, who he was still relatively mad at but decided to forgive him to keep the peace, Niko runs upstairs to look for Aj. He searches his own room, before running to Aj's faint sobs being heard from the other side. Niko anxiously opens the door, closing it behind him. As he walks into the room, Aj lifts his head to see who the intruder is. 

When Aj notices who it is, he quickly cowers in the corner of the bed in fear, "I-I I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to" he says scared, tears flooding his eyes. 

Niko feels his heart shatter at the sight, Aj was afraid of him. He'd never physically hurt Aj, not on purpose at least, usually after a play fight gone too far, Aj would strop for a minute or two, before continuing, so seeing him be this scared must've meant he genuinely hurt  him.

Niko puts his hands out slowly, tiptoeing closer to Aj. As Niko gets closer, Aj seems to curl up closer into the corner. 

"Oh Aj. I- what did I do? I'm sorry, Please. I'm not going to hurt you," Niko whispers.

Aj shakes his head, slowly easing out of his position. He looks down at his hip, and back up at Niko. 

Niko sits on the edge of Aj's bed, "Can I see?" 

At Aj's nod, he slowly lifts up his shirt and Niko gasps seeing a bruise forming on his hip. 

"Oh Baby, I'm so sorry. Did- Did I do that?" 

Aj nods. 

"I'm so so sorry, I didn't mean to please forgive me," Niko rambles. 

Aj nods his head once again, he didn't feel like talking right now.  Niko jumps up punching the wall, "Shoot! How could I- I- I'm so stupid. So stupid! Gods-sakes Talk to me Aj, please Baby."

"I- it's ok Niko. I'm fine, I think I just over reacted its not that bad." standing to face Niko, still keeping some sort of distance.

 But Aj wasn't over reacting. Part of him was genuinely terrified of Niko. Recently he'd been getting more and more angry, each time more easily. Aj tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe stress and anxiety of uploading after a while, maybe it was the whole Sharky and Kenny thing, he really doesn't know. AJ recalls how a few days ago, Niko and Chunkz were talking in the kitchen, whilst the others sat on the sofa. Chunkz had accidently spilt a bit of water on Niko. Chunkz had obviously apologised, 'my bad brother.'  Usually he'd laugh it off, but Niko had shoved him, causing Chunkz to stumble a little, 'Gods-sakes watch where you're going,' Niko spat, before storming off to his room. Sharky, Kenny and Aj just stared in shock, what? And this wasn't the only incident, he'd been aggressive towards Sharky and Kenny too, but not yet to Aj. Never to Aj, Until today. 

"Really?" Niko asks.

"Really. I'm sure I'm fine, it just hurt a bit that's all," Aj replies, lying through his teeth. 

"Ok good," Niko felt bad. he knows he'd been a bit rough with the others recently, it was a mistake, But he vowed he'd never hurt Aj, and he had.

Aj know immediately knew something was up with Niko. Niko always knew when Aj was lying, and him not catching him out only meant one thing. Something happened to Niko. Aj decides to speak with  the other boys first though, not wanting to jump to any conclusions. 

Niko steps forward to hug AJ, to which Aj flinches back. He didn't want to be hugged right now, and Niko was used to this, he should be after being friends with him for so long. 

"The heck? I thought you said we were fine," Niko says. 

AJ looked at Niko confused, huh? "We are fine, I just don't feel like being hugged right now."