𝟑𝟏. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧

Sohana

"I am sorry, Sohana. I don't feel the same." As those words left his mouth, my heart shattered into pieces.

And yes, he again broke my heart.

I could fill my eyes burning and soon tears welled in. He was looking at me with a sad expression. Don't know why but his eyes were speaking something different from what he said.

I removed my palm from his hand and moved my gaze to somewhere else. After hearing his words, I'm not able to meet his gaze.

"Sohana-

"It's okay." I cut him off and looked at him. I am sure that now my face must be giving a cold expression.

"It's okay, Mr. Raichand." I tried to assure him when my own heart is thudding against my chest. And my eyes desperately wants to cry.

"It's not okay, I can feel that. You are calling me Mr. Raichand but why?" He asked me as his eyes sparkling with fresh tears.

Why the hell is he crying when he doesn't love me?

"It's just...it slipped from my mouth." I lied to him. I intentionally called him Mr. Raichand.

"I should leave Ruh...Ruhaan, I have work to do." I got up from my seat and took my car keys from the table. All the while I can feel his eyes on me but I didn't dared to look at him.

I started to walking away but his voice caught my attention.

"I am sorry, Sohana."  He whispered and I closed my eyes shut. Tears streamed down my cheeks. I started to run out from the park and reached my car.

Not able to control anymore, I broke into cries. It always happens with me.

Don't I deserve a little bit of happiness? Am I not God's child? Have I done some sin that's why god is making me suffer this much? Did I hurted someone that's why God is hurting me again and again? What did I do to deserve all this?

I looked up at the sky. The moon was looking so beautiful today. The stars were making the dark sky more pretty. But there is no one to lighten my darkness. No one. Not a single one. Everyone knows how to break my heart. How to hurt me. And-

My body trembled at the sudden thundering. I wasn't able to process anything and there was a lightning followed by a loud thunder. I again moved my gaze up to the sky and looked at the clouds covering the moon.

It is going to rain.

After sometime, small drops of rain started to fall on my face. My lashes were forcing close due to the rain drops. I closed my eyes and let the rain drops calm my heartbeat. Soon, I got drenched in the rainwater. Lifting my lashes up, I looked at the sky. It doesn't seem that this rain will stop soon.

My hand clutched my dress into a tight fist as I remembered those words that he said.

I am sorry Sohana but I don't feel the same.

Then when the hell will he feel the same? I think never.

Keeping my thoughts beside, I made my way inside the car. Taking a seat, I started to drive. I was driving fastly to forget his words. His words were ringing in my ears again and again as if those were the only words I remember now.

Suddenly a thought crossed my mind and I fastened the speed of my car. I looked at the familiar roads and my lips curved into a small smile. These roads, lanes and the small shopkeepers beside the streets. I miss these all.

𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara