𝟐𝟑. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

Sohana

Ruhaan started driving the car and I sat beside him. I was so desperate to read that book. But if I will read here then he will start teasing me again.

"Don't worry I will not tease you more. You can read that book." Ruhaan suddenly said and I looked at him staring at me with a smirk on his face.

He turned his face to the road and concentrated on driving. I could not help but blush at his words. How does he know what I want?

I took the book and started reading it. After few minutes, I felt sleepy so I kept the book aside and played a song.

"Please don't." He said while looking at me.

"No! I will play the song. It's my car and it's my choice if the song will play or not." I said and played Lae Dooba.

"Mainu ishq tera lae dooba,
Haan ishq tera lae dooba

Mainu ishq tera lae dooba,
Oo ishq tera lae dooba.

Aisa kyun hota hai tere jaane ke baad
Lagta hai haathon main reh gaye tere haath.

I sang along with the song. In this whole song, I stared at him continuously and sang. I felt like this song is made for me to express my feelings to him.

He turned his gaze and looked at me.

"What? Why are you looking at me?" He asked me but I didn't said anything instead I stared at him deeply and sang

Tu shaamil hai mere
hass ne me, rone me

Hai kya koi kami mere paagal hone main?

Mainu ishq tera lae dooba,
Haan ishq tera lae dooba.

His brows knitted but I just smiled looking at him. I turned and looked outside the window. I heard a slow chuckle of him from behind.

I remembered all our encounters amd got relaxed. You know, it's like a dream.

You saw someone in school, liked him. Girls would threat you to not like him, to not fall for him because they like him. But you couldn't stop yourself from falling more and more for that person. Slowly you would fall in love with him but unfortunately he would leave due to further studies. You would miss him but couldn't do anything. As time would pass, you would fall for him more. You would fall in love with him. Deeply. But there were no sign of him. And after whole 10 years, you would see him in the hospital. You would try to ignore him but destiny would have some other plans. He would come to you, ask for your help, talk to you, spend time with you, go shopping with you, give you company. At last, he would trust you and share all the things with you that he couldn't share with anyone else. And at that time, you would be a part of his life.

But the main thing is- will he ever love me? Will he ever see me as more than just a doctor? Will he be able to give a new and a special place for me in his heart?

I looked at him, the calmness on his face shows that he is changing.

But I know he will never be able to forget his Avni. I also don't want him to forget her. What I want is to make a new place in his heart for me.