𝟐𝟎. 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

Ruhaan

I was in my room looking at the guitar. I looked at my old guitar which Avantika had given. The new guitar was same as the old one. The same dark brown color as my eyes.

"They both observe my eyes with so much admiration." A soft chuckle left my mouth thinking about that.

I took the old guitar and missed My Avni.

"You know, Sohana is a little bit like you, Avni. Clumsy, childish, sweet, inno--- no not innocent at all. I don't know why but whenever I look at her eyes looking at me, they shine. I thought that she will leave me. She will give up on me because of my arrogant nature but no she did bought a guitar to make me happy and guess what? She succeeded. I didn't reacted well when she gave me this but now when I am looking at this guitar I am feeling relaxed, happy and calm." I told in a slow voice looking at both the guitars.

I miss you, Avni. I miss you so much. I lost you because of my stubbornness. I lost all the willingness to sing. Living with my family also, it felt like I was alone. It's not because of them. It's because of me. I distanced myself from them. From all the people in my life.

But I couldn't distance myself from her. From Sohana. I don't like talkative people and she is one of them but whenever she starts talking, I listen to her. She is really nice.

I layed flat on my bed.

Huhhh, why am I changing? I don't want to change, or maybe I want. No Ruhaan, you don't want to change. But Sohana is changing you.

I looked at the new guitar once again.

"I can't stop looking at it."

I get up and went into the washroom. Taking a bath, I went out and started to do some push-ups.

"....598, 599, 600." I layed on the floor with my chest on.

"Let's do one hand push-up."

"Ruhaan"

I looked at my mom standing infront of the door.

"Maa, why are you standing there? Come inside." I said and stood up.

She smiled and came inside. Taking the towel in her hands, she wiped my sweat from my face and body. She cupped my cheeks and said

"What do you want to eat today? I am making everyone's favourite dish today for dinner." She said and I nodded.

"You can make what I like or don't you know my favourite?" I said with suspicious eyes.

She looked at me with confused face and smiled.

I know what she thought - why am I behaving like this. I have hurt them a lot. My Maa and my grandparents a lot. But from now I will not at least for them I will be a good boy.

"How can I forget about my son's favourite food? After all it's khichdi. I will cook it for you." She said and gently kissed my forehead.

"You are slowly becoming my old Ruhaan. My child." She said and hugged me. I hugged her back and understood her emotions.

She released the hug and wiped her tears. She noticed the guitar that Sohana gave me and looked at it with confusion.

"You bought this? But you left singing years ago." She said thinning her brows.

"No actually, Soh- Dr. Sohana bought this." I said scratching the back of my neck.

"Ohh, she is really so nice. It looks so expensive. You know the bouquet she has bought was also costly. She is spending a lot of money on us. She has also bought this guitar for you. That's why you are happy right? If this continues then one day I will request her to stay in our house for always because she is keeping you happy. And if she will stay in our house then you will always be happy." She said and laughed and I smiled.

"Okay, I should go and make khichdi for you." She said caressing my cheek and left. After that, I indulged myself in work to not think about her and her gift.

🧿

Sohana

I was rolling in my bed like a Koala thinking about today's moments.

After Ruhaan threw the guitar on the floor, I never thought or expected that he will come to me and say sorry for it. He even told me to call him by his name. He was smiling at me. He hugged me. It was our second hug. He held my wrist. He took the guitar with him. He accepted it. He thanked me. Oh my Krishna!!!!!

"Why are you squealing in happiness, my child?" I heard my Dad's voice and turned around.

My dad was standing near the bed and smiling.

"Dad!!!" I called him and hugged him. He hugged me back and looked at me with amusement in his eyes.

"What is it? Why are you so much happy? Have you fallen in love?" He said releasing the hug and crossing his hand across his chest.

I widened my eyes and shook my head. I can feel that my cheeks were red.

"Oh, it seems like that. Then why are you blushing?" He asked me and I lowered my head.

"Am I?" I asked him palming my cheeks.

"Yes it is red like tomato." He said with big eyes. "Are you having fever?" He added and touched my forehead.

"No." I replied. He also nodded his head and ruffled my hair amd smiled.

"What is it beta?" He said and sat on the bed.

"Umm dad, mm I-

"You know, if your mother had been here today, I would not have needed to ask you this question. I know that a daughter cannot share things as much with her father as she can with her mother. But you can tell me anything without hesitation. I will not scold you. If you are wrong I will explain it to you. Now tell me what's the matter?" He asked me and I hugged him to control my emotions.

"Dad, there is nothing like this." I told him.

I lied because I don't want Dad to know about Ruhaan because my love is one sided. If my feelings will never be reciprocated by Ruhaan then my Dad will be hurt.

"Oh, okay. But you can tell me anything you want." He said.

"Yes Dad, I will inform you everything." I replied.

"God bless you." He said caressing my head. Kissing my forehead he left from my room.

🧿

So hey all! How was this chapter?

It's a short chapter I know but as my exams are going on I couldn't get time to write a long. But there is a longgggg chapter waiting for you. And make it 1.3k my daisies. 💗
I really love you all ❤️😌

Follow me on Instagram:- _daisywrts_
You can get spoilers there.
Do vote, comment and share my book.
Love you all. ❤️
Bye 🍃

Thankyou! ❤️