41||we are a team?

Start from the beginning

"Mumma," I hear Veer's loud breathless voice from the living room.

"I am in kitchen." I shout back.

Hearing the soft rush of his feet, we break the hug. Veer like his energetic ball, comes dancing towards us, but with a frown. He kept his feeble palm on his waist, cranking his neck to look at us, the brown strands falling on top of his forehead nearly blocking his eyes, "Why did you locked me inside? I wanted to come outside."

"Did I?" I gasp, acting dump.

"Yes."

"I am sorry. We were in hurry, and might by mistake have forgot to unlock the door."

"What happened outside? Why were you in hurry?"

"Oh, nothing. It was about the wall." I switch of the gas, blowing air to subdue the milk back to the bottom of the pan.

"Veer, do you know we are making a new wall." Kabir, interjects before Veer could come with a new question.

"Woow," Veer opens his mouth, "But why?"

Nice question, but too late. That is Veer, he will react first, then ask question. Why it feels like Veer has taken over all the bad trait of us, instead of the good one. But, is there any gentle bone in Reyansh? He is an arse to everyone. God forbid, if Veer take over Reyansh in nature. I can't take two devils.

However, another question pops up, Isn't he here for only one month?

Just one month. And days are moving forward, slowly no shoot it, days are moving like they are in some hurry, the same days which I considered to be fast, like the slow fading winter, the trees surrendering their hopes, as they let go of the dried leaf. The dull winter, is fading away, just the coldness remaining and in every season the coldness remained. Winter didn't take away the coldness. Summer didn't bring up warmth. Nature of the naturally occurrence changed, faded into dullness. And we inched closer towards the end of a new year. But just like those trees, our hope filled leaf, fallen at our feet, resembling our hope. And, I learnt, I passed five years of my life.

But I want this winter to be passed in slow motion. I don't want my hope to resemble the crumbled leaf, which were tucked away by the harsh wind. By the harsh life. This time.

Reyansh was the season of my life. Too bad I understood it late. Will it change anything between us now?

. . . . . . . .

I still didn't know the reason behind the demolish of the wall, which separated the two houses. I could always go and demand an answer, right? What would be the chances of me getting kissed by him? Given how I subconsciously agreed to his demand in return for a truth, which brings another layer of befuddlement for me. It feels life is becoming a twisted maze of thread, which demands all the patience of universe and luck. Unluckily, I lack both.

Questions after questions rose up, my hand empty without answers.

Like, what does Reyansh wants when he said he wants to have an upper hand over Rayer. Strange. Wants me to wake up early and be present to be get physically trained for fighting? Removing the wall, planting his men's infront of Rayer. And, the call of yesterday, more like a warning of something. A danger. The crumbled letter which seats between the pages of my diary. A warning. And the Gala.

Power, His men, Training, Call, Letter, Gala.

The only way I could find my answer is by keeping an eye on Reyansh. I refuse to be a doll, and act that everything is fine in my life, when all I am walking in a maze, at the end coming across a dead-end. Mistakes of past, will not be repeated. It had costed me a lot. I don't want to be played by my ignorance, waiting for someone to solve the mystery for me, when my fate has always managed to bring hints to me. I will not run.