Brooklyn ~28~

"I'll make sure to bring you some on Monday." I shout after Brittany, my coworker. I bid everyone goodbye as I walked to the elevator. It has been about two weeks since that night at the club.

Every 2 days, there's a fresh bundle of flowers waiting for me at exactly 6:30 am. A little note on them saying, 'From yours truly.' With three elegant signatures. I've texted them saying they didn't have to keep sending me so many flowers but they all replied with a simple ":)"

I was glad it was finally the weekend. I had Saturdays and Sundays off thankfully. Walking out of the elevator, I wave to Myra. She waves back and continues to teach a little girl how to somersault.

A familiar girl walks up to me and hands me a paper crown.

"What's this for?" I grin, squatting to be met with her height. She smiles bashfully and looks down at her feet. A few days after I began working, this little angel always came up to tell me good morning or goodbye. I learned her name was Rosie.

"I wanted to give it to you yesterday but forgot." She says sweetly. Rosie might've only been 7 but her mind was a lot older. She reminded me so much of someone but I had no clue who.

"Well, it's absolutely beautiful. Put it on me." I smile, handing it back to her. She grabs it and reaches over, placing it on my head and giggling.

"Princess Brooke!" She announced making Myra and a few other kids look over. I've grown fond of every kid in here... I think I won them over when I brought a ton of cookies Milo and Ethan made.

"I've got to get going, Rosie." I smile softly, hugging her softly. "I'll see you Monday. Be careful."

She runs back towards her little group after saying goodbye. I walk out of the building, seeing a dark red car, almost wine colored, parked in front. I ignore it and walk through the parking lot to the bus stop. However, when I stepped onto the concrete, the car revved to life, making me panic.

I was about to run through the parking lot but the familiar man stepping out of the car calmed my nerves.

"You damn nearly gave me a heart attack!" I hold my chest, glaring at Callan. He smiles apologetically and walks towards me. I straighten up and stare at him. He looked so good it left my feet glued to the ground.

He wore a navy blue turtle neck with grey dress pants, his hands clad with gold rings, matching his necklace. His hair was unkempt but in a good way.

"I apologize, angel. My other car is in the shop." He says casually, pulling me closer. I smile softly and shake my head.

"Let me guess, you have 4 cars?" I say jokingly, rolling my eyes playfully. He chuckles and shakes his head.

"Of course not," He scoffs, looking off with a smile. When I poked his side, he looked back down at me with a grin. "Sorry, I was counting. I have 9."

My jaw drops and I stare at him in nothing but shock. He said that so casually, my soul shook.

"I'm not even gonna ask further. Why are you here?" I ask curiously, walking with him as he leads me to his car.

"I heard you have tomorrow and Sunday free so... I thought it would be a good idea if we all went out and maybe have that conversation?" He said, his words holding a questioning tone. He opened the door for me and closed it once I was in. He walked around the car to get to his side, and I couldn't help but check him out.

"I mean, I'm not gonna say no." I say once he was inside. He smiles and shakes his head softly, starting to drive. He puts his hand on my thigh and squeezes softly.

"If you don't want to, just say the word." He says softly, driving us to God knows where. I smile and shake my head, mindlessly tracing his knuckles. I didn't notice it until his fingers wrapped around mine. He pulled my hand up to him and kissed my hand softly.