Brooklyn ~12~

"Okay first stop, food. I'm starving." Milo said, pulling up the GPS on his phone. He was in the passenger seat while Ethan drove, and I sat in the back looking out the window.

"What do you wanna eat, sunshine?" Ethan asked, looking back at me through the mirror. I shrugged softly and looked down at my phone.

"Can we go to a steak house? I'm in the mood for steak." I ask softly, he grinned and nodded as Milo put the location into the GPS.

I smiled and looked out the window again, watching the cars fly past, the building going by in a blur. The traffic in Los Angeles was insane. But today it was somewhat calm. I felt my phone vibrate in my lap. I checked the message to see it was my landlord telling me that if I didn't have my payment by the end of today, I'd have to find another place to live.

I sighed and scratched my head in frustration, trying to figure out what to do.

"Milo, Mr. Ernest gave me an eviction notice. I need to have almost 15 hundred paid to him by the end of today- How am I going to do that? " I ranted to him, completely ignoring that there was another person with us.

"Shit, Brooke. I thought you said you had everything paid off." Milo said, looking back at me. I gave him a guilty smile, making him sigh. "You should've told me. I could've helped you pay it."

"And have you in debt? No way." I huffed and looked back out the window. I could feel Milo roll his eyes.

"Brooke, I don't give a shit. I'm helping you pay that." He said firmly. This time it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"I can help-" Ethan spoke up, only for me to shut him down.

"No. None of you are doing it. It's my responsibility. I just need suggestions. He won't accept another excuse." I sigh. Milo groaned and rested his head on the headrest.

"Ask the boss for a pay raise. I mean, you're the perfect employee." Milo suggested. I groaned softly, realizing I had to tell him.

"He suspended me.." I whisper. The car nearly swerved into another car, both of the men looking back at me.

"What??" They said in unison. "Since when?" "For how long?" "Why the hell?"

Question after question flew my way, making me zone out the window. I wanted to cry but I didn't. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. Only now did the realization dawn on me. Mr. Archer had the nerve to suspend me without pay and then act all devilish the next night?? And I let him?

"Brooke!" Milo called out, making me snap my attention to him. He looked at me with soft eyes. We were now parked in the parking lot of the steakhouse. "Why did he suspend you?"

"He thought you and I were a thing and had sex while working." I say casually. He snorted and shook his head.

"I thought it was obvious that I was gayer than a maypole." He chuckled, Ethan smiled and shook his head.

"Apparently not. But it's fine, on Wednesday I get to go back though." I shrug, opening the car door, the boys following behind. "Now no more depressing talk. Let's go eat." I grin, walking into the restaurant.

We ate and talked, making jokes and genuinely having fun. Ethan was a lot funnier than I thought he was. He was an innocent flirt and loved making both Milo and I blush.

After we ate, we blasted old 2000s music while screaming along to the lyrics. Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, etc; were the main artists in the playlist.

We went to a mall and started shopping. Albeit my protest, Ethan and Milo bought me a ton load of clothes and shoes. They also took me for a haircut and manicure.