Callan ~21~

She's nothing but trouble. I can already feel the grey hairs growing from the stress she's caused me in the past 5 hours.

She had been discharged from the hospital an hour ago. It was noon, and Ethan called us to tell us that she insisted on being up and cleaning her apartment and refused to lie down.

Atticus grumbled something about her being a little brat, but luckily, the phone didn't pick it up. I texted her a quick 'Sleep.' and waited for her response.

'I am asleep ;)'

'Lying to me now?'

"I'd never!"

'Take a nap.'

'Unless you don't want those tacos?'

'Well, would you look at that?'

'Suddenly, I've fallen right to sleep.'

I rolled my eyes and shook my head with a smile. Tucking my phone away, I sat back on the couch, picked up the book I had, and read where I previously left off.

About an hour passed when my phone chimed, looking at it, it was a text from Brooklyn again. I couldn't manage to read it because she deleted it right after it was sent.

'Oh. Hi there.'

'What was that?'

'It was a mistake, sorry.'

'Mhm, sure.'

I turned my phone back off and stood up, grabbing my laptop to answer emails. People wanted to buy my businesses. A few emails about partnership deals and some sponsors. Then there were resumes, etc. After a while, my brain started to hurt, so I gave up on that for now. Checking the time, I went up to my room to get ready. I stood in the cold water for a while, letting it run down my back and torso.

I didn't mind showering in either cold or hot water. Growing up, my father used to force me to learn how to handle both because "You never know where life puts you."

So, I've showered in -0 degree weather, had ice baths, and laid in the snow till my body turned blue just to train for the cold. Then, standing on hot coal, had hot water poured down my back, and laid in a hot tub that was to its max heat in above 110 degree weather to train for the heat.

My dad used to tell me that I would thank him for that one day. That day has not come, and it will never come.

I lathered shampoo in my hair and soaped down my body. Rinsing everything off, I put in some conditioner and step out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist. I grab my razor and shaving cream, lathering it on my chin and neck. I didn't have a beard, but the stubble always bothered me.

None of us have beards. Unless you count the 5 o'clock shadow on Atticus. Zachary and I were bare-faced. Only a few times when I let my stubble grow out. As for down there, all three of us kept ourselves clean and shaved.

I stepped back into the shower and rinsed out the conditioner. Drying myself off, I step into my room and start changing. I dressed in black pants and a navy blue button-up, leaving the top buttons free. Slipping on my black shoes. I put on my gold necklace and my watch, spraying on a bit of cologne before heading back downstairs,

"I thought it was just tacos." Zachary grumbled, shaking his head. I grin at him and shrug.

"You know me. It's better to be overdressed than under." I hum, grabbing my keys and walking out the door.