Chapter 1 - Sirens Serenade

Serencove exists in a realm where whispers of Legends, Myths and Fairytales breeze through like the wind gracing through the sea.

Marina stands alone her bare feet on the damp sand watching the gentle wave of the ocean slowly blanket her toes before pulling back out again. She sighs deeply, breathing out everything she takes in.

"Marina, dear, how long have you been here?" Her father, Thomas, asks with a hint of concern in his voice.

Marina turns to look at her father. His hair turning silver like the shining full moon, that reflects his wisdom on the countless journeys on the sea he's been on. His face wrinkled and hard, the only rugged appearance you get from a life well lived.

"I'm not entirely sure father." She replies coming out of her memorising gaze. "Time stands still when I am by the ocean."

He places a hand on her shoulder. His touch like an anchor grounding her back to reality. "The fishermen and I are getting ready to dock the boats. You know the men won't journey out until you sing them a song of luck."

Marina smiles sheepishly. Her lips curving like the crescent moon that appeared the night before. "Of course father, lead the way."

With her father leading the way to the lively docks where villagers and the wives of the fishermen await to hear her captivating lullaby. Marina stands on the wooden pier. The cool breeze sends her voice out into the open passing through people's ears with her enchanting melody soothing the hearts of the worried wives and keeping the fishermen at peace with their journey.

Being asked to sing wasn't an unusual request for Marina. In fact it's a very common one, ever since she was a little girl she's had this voice that no one could explain, it captures the hearts and heals those around her.

As Marina finishes her song, the fishermen dock the boats, their hearts full of joy and their mind clear and ready for their voyage. The wives head back to their everyday lives, in a tranquil state knowing their husbands will return home safely.

Everyone in Serencove has some connection to the sea, it binds the villagers together and with every note that Marina sings it only strengthens that bond.