Chapter 38

It had been a couple of days since Adeline's aunt and uncle abruptly moved out of town, taking her father with them and leaving custody permanently to Noah Stinski. Smiling as she settled onto her pull-out couch, a piece of furniture Noah had offered to replace numerous times but she consistently declined.

Stiles joined her, his own smile mirroring hers. "I love it here," Adeline whispered, her gaze meeting his.

Stiles looked back at her, their faces mere inches apart. "Oh, screw this," he muttered, getting up to close the door before returning to Adeline with determination. Leaning down, he captured her lips in a passionate kiss, causing Adeline to giggle in delight.

As their lips met in a tender yet passionate kiss, Adeline felt a rush of warmth flood through her body, igniting a fire that burned with longing and affection. She melted into Stiles's embrace, feeling his weight settle gently on top of her, his touch sending shivers down her spine.

With each brush of their lips, a wave of desire washed over them, their breath mingling in the intimate space between them. Adeline's heart beat rapidly in her chest, the rhythm echoing the intensity of their connection as they lost themselves in the moment.

A knock on the door breaks them apart quickly and they sit on opposite sides of the small pull out couch. "You guys ready for school?" Noah asks the two who nod smiling. "Yep we are dad." Stiles says. "Addie you sure you are ready to go back today?"

"Yep! I'm sure." Noah nods. "Have a good day you two."

"Will do dad."
"Have a good day Noah!" Adeline says as he smiles and leaves the door cracked open. "He must know." Adeline whispers once his footsteps are gone. Stiles shrugs. "Or he just didn't close the door...?"

"Yeah maybe." Adeline mumbles standing up. "Lets go to school or we are going to be late." Stiles nods. "Lead the way Ads."

Stiles stands opposite Scott, looking deep into his eyes. "Sorry about the other day. I'm trying. We'll get through this. I know because I love you. I love you more than--oh my God, you and Allison seriously have to find a better way to communicate." Stiles says while Adeline is crying of laughter. "Come on, you're the only one we can trust. Did she say she's coming to the game tonight?"

"Yes. Message complete. Now tell me about your boss."

"He thinks Allison's family has some kind of record of all the things they've hunted. Like a book." Adeline and Stiles exchange a look. "He probably means a Bestiary." Stiles says. "What?"

"A Bestiary."

" I think you mean bestiality." Scott attempts to correct him as Adeline is eating a snickerdoodle she pulled out of nowhere aka out of her bag. "No. Pretty sure I don't. It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures." Stiles states as Adeline nods along. "Why am I the only one who doesn't seem to know any of this stuff?"

"Considering my best friend is a creature of the night I kind of make it a priority."
"Top priority." Adeline adds.

"Okay, if it can tell us what that thing is–" Scott starts. "And who." Stiles finishes making Scott nod. "We need that book."

"Does it have a tail?" Adeline asks a weird feeling forming in her stomach. "Uh yeah a big one." Stiles states remembering the lizard like creature that paralyzed him. "Huh."

"What's in that mind of yours?" Stiles asks curiously making Scott look over at her tilting his head. "Nothing just thinking." They both nod before they all start talking again.

The Guidance counselor walks over to them making the group exchange looks. "Yes?"
"Mis. Hart, I have an open space and it's been recommended you come see me."
"I'm good." Adeline smiles politely. "Please come, once I talk to you once I'll leave you alone." Adeline sighs nodding slightly before telling the boys bye and following the women.