Chapter 14

Adeline sits on her bed as Stiles paces in his room while his cell phone is pressed to his ear. After he texted her a billon times she decided against telling him at the moment at she could be a witch somehow. Apparently Scott has gone off the grid.

"It's me. Again. I found something and I don't know what to do and if you don't turn your phone back on I'm going to kill you. I'm too pissed off to come up with a witty description of exactly how I'm going to kill you. I'm just going to kill you." He clicks off sighing loudly. "Can you believe him-" A knock makes him jump. The door clicks open.

"Please tell me I'm going to hear good news at the parent teacher thing tonight. Hello Adeline." He greets making the girl smile and wave at him.

"That depends on how you define good news"

"I define it as you getting straight A's with no behavioral issues."

"We clearly have different definitions of good news."

"Say no more."

"Dad-- " His father pauses at the door. "You guys find out what it was that attacked Adeline and them last night?

If glares could kill Stiles Stilinski would be dead. "You know I can't talk about that. And Adeline is right there refrain from asking questions like that." Adeline shrugs. "Doesn't bother me."

"But everybody's thinking mountain lion, right?"

"It's the best we've got at the moment. We're setting traps, talking to Animal Control. You don't have to worry." He looks at Adeline reassuringly. "It's not that. It's... forget it."

"You sure?" The boy gives a nod. As his father lets the door close, Stiles reaches into his jacket and removes Lydia's phone. He brings up the video footage. He gazes at the picture of the Alpha on the screen. Adeline knowing what he was looking at sighs looking down at her hands.

"Come on, Scott. Where the hell are you."

Stiles holds up Lydia's phone, struggling with a decision. "You literally stole her phone Stiles do you really think she is not going to notice." Adeline tells him as he his staring at the phone.

His thumb hovers over the selection. But then he sets the phone down. Then almost immediately picks it up again. And finally... He taps the button, deleting the footage.

"Scott is a Nincompoop." Adeline grumbles flopping fully down on the bed her head hanging off the other side.

Stiles drops Adeline off at work. "Thanks Stiles. I'll let ya know what Scott says he should be here already. Stiles nods and drives away after watching Adeline enter. Deaton looks up and smiles. "Hello Addie. Have you seen Scott today?"

"No sir. He hasn't been responding to us." Deaton nods and Adeline sends a quick text to Stiles telling him Scott was not here and then she messages Scott that he is going to be a dead man.

Adeline finished cleaning the exam room as Deaton walks in the phone to his ear.

"Scott, it's me again. Just want to make sure everything's okay. You were supposed to be here an hour ago. Maybe you forgot. Whatever it is, just give me a call to let me know you're all right." Deaton clicks off. Then pauses. His head tilts ever so slightly. He says the next words without turning around."

"Sheriff Stilinski." And then he looks back to give the Sheriff a smile. Adeline turns around quickly not knowing he was there.

"How'd you know it was me?"

"Reflection." He nods to a mirror on the wall. Another smile. This time slightly unnerving. Adeline looks between the two smiling softly as the Sheriff looks at her.