Chapter 23

Scott follows closely behind Stiles, who in turn is trailing after Adeline they walk through the double doors and into the school.

"This is going to be impossible; you know?" Scott says.

"Just ask her if you can borrow it."

"How?"

"Simple. You ask. Hey Allison, can I borrow your necklace to see if there's something on it or in it that will lead me to an Alpha werewolf, I need to kill in order to get back together with you?" Stiles says flinging his arms round. Adeline gasps sarcastically. "That will work so well." 

"You're not helping." Scott groans.

"Just talk to her." Stiles tells him again.

"Why can't Addie ask." Scott says gesturing to her.

"Don't want to get involved who knows maybe she will be my best friend one day I don't want to ruin that nonexistent friendship now."

"She won't talk to me. And what if she only takes it off when she's like in the shower?" Scott says sighing.

"That's why you ease your way into it. Get back on her good side. Remind her of the good times. Then you ask for the necklace." Stiles looks at Scott. Scott looks at Stiles.

"You're thinking about her in the shower, aren't you?" Stiles says with an unamused look. "Yes."

"Ewww, I'm walking away." Adeline half yells covering her ears and walking away from the two boys. 

After a couple of classes, Scott catches up to Stiles and Adeline, their conversation urgent and hasty. Moments later, they burst through the double doors, moving from one corridor to the next.

"How the hell did he find out?" Stiles demands, his hands waving around frantically in frustration.

"You didn't wolf out in front of him, did you?" Adeline asks in a loud whisper, her eyes darting around anxiously. 

"I have no idea. And no, I didn't Addie."

"Did he say it out loud? The word." Stiles asks him.

"What word?" Adeline places her hand on her head. "Oh my gosh Scott."

"Werewolf." Both Stiles and Adeline say at the same time making Scott look in between the two creeped out. "Did he say I know you're a werewolf." Stiles repeats. "No. But he implied it pretty freaking clearly."

"Okay, maybe it's not as bad as it seems. He has no proof, right? And if he wanted to tell someone who's going to believe him anyway?" Stiles tries to reason.

"How about Allison's father?" Scott asks. "Ooo, ex-girlfriends werewolf hunter parents will not end well." Adeline clicks her tongue. "Thank you for going into details I appreciate it." Scott says sarcastically. "Thats what I'm here for." Adeline replies with her sing song voice.

"He doesn't know about Allison's father, does he?" Stiles asks Scott who shakes his head. "No, I don't think so."

"Where's Derek?" Stiles asks.

"Hiding. Like we told him. Why?"

"I have another idea. It might take a little time and finesse, though."
"I love finesse." Adeline whispers making Stiles just smirk at her and wink. "Remember we have the game tonight. Quarterfinals. And your first game." Scott reminds. "I know, I know. You have a plan for Allison?" Stiles asks him. "She's in my next class."

"Get the necklace."

Scot nods as he repeats Stiles words. "Get the necklace." 

After class Adeline puts away her books in her locker when Jackson walks up to her.