𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 26

"Goblins built this repository. It belongs to us." Professor Fig instinctively steps forward, positioning himself between Ranrock and the students, his expression a mixture of determination and dread.

"Enough, Ranrock. It was never yours." Ethereal speaks up.

"I've been wanting to play with this..." Ranrock sneers at their defiance, his eyes glinting with malice as he brandishes a wand with chilling familiarity. Professor Fig's breath catches in his throat as he recognizes the wand clutched in Ranrock's grasp.

"Miriam's wand."

"If she'd simply handed over the container, all of this could have been avoided." Ranrock comments. "Foolish, self-important witch."

As Professor Fig unleashes a spell towards Ranrock, the goblin effortlessly sidesteps it with a mocking smirk, his movements fluid and precise.

"Seems you were two of a kind. She didn't know when to give up either." Ranrock spits out. With a sinister flick of his wrist, Ranrock retaliates, sending a spell hurtling towards the glowing orb suspended in the chamber. They watch the spell connect with the orb, unleashing a blinding explosion of light that engulfs the entire chamber in a dazzling brilliance. As the blinding explosion of light engulfs the chamber, the ground beneath them begins to tremble violently, sending shockwaves rippling through the stone path beneath their feet. Amidst the chaos, Ranrock's malevolent laughter echoes through the chamber, his form twisting and contorting as surges of red magic envelop him. Ethereal's heart leaps into her throat as she watches in horror, her eyes widening in disbelief as Ranrock undergoes a monstrous transformation. Ranrock's figure elongates and stretches, his form warping and shifting until he stands before them in the guise of a colossal dragon.

"Goblinkind shall answer to no one!" With a deafening roar that reverberated through the chamber, the dragon unleashes a torrent of flames, the scorching heat washing over them in a wave of blistering intensity. As Ethereal grips her wand tightly, her resolve burning fiercely within her, she charges forward towards the path the dragon had forged. Behind them, the echoing clamor of approaching goblins grows louder, their menacing presence looming ever closer to the repository.

"Take care of the goblins!" Ethereal yells over her shoulder, her voice ringing with urgency. "I'll handle Ranrock!"

"Ethereal, wait! You can't do this alone!" Evie cries out, her words laden with worry for her friend's safety.

"Let her go, Evie." Matt remarks with a wry smile, his tone tinged with a hint of amusement. "This could be her hero redemption arc!"

"Come on, let's leave her to fight Ranrock." Professor Fig states. "For we have our own enemies to deal with."

Ethereal dashes toward the dragon, her wand flashing as she unleashes spell after spell in an attempt to weaken the beast. However, her efforts seem futile as the dragon remains formidable. Desperately, she raises her wand to deflect the incoming flames, but a searing heat seeped through, scorching her leg.

"Argh!!" A sharp cry escapes her lips as she staggers back, seeking cover behind a nearby boulder. Tremors wracks her body as she clutches her injured leg, the burning sensation searing through her senses. Amidst her pain, the taunts of the dragon echoes cruelly in her ears, further fueling her determination.

"Did I hurt you, little one?" It sneers, its words dripping with malice.

'Not enough to stop me...' Peering cautiously from behind the boulder, she braces herself as another blast of fire hurtles in her direction. 'Scratch that... it's going to be a lot tougher than I thought.'

As Ranrock prepares its fiery onslaught, Ethereal seizes the opportunity. With a fierce determination, she unleashes a Confringo spell directly into the dragon's gaping maw. The beast recoils, coughing and spluttering as smoke billows from its nostrils.