𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 7

"I'm not sure this is a good idea Matt..."

"The Forbidden Forest at night? I swear if we all die in here I'll kill you."

"Don't worry, nothing will happen. Besides, we have the two best duelists in Hogwarts."

"Shove off, I only won one duel... and it was against Grace Pinch-Smidley." Ethereal rolled her eyes. "It was more of a practice if you ask me."

The Forbidden Forest looms tall and eerie, the rustling leaves and distant hoots of creatures adding to its mysterious ambiance. Evie, Matt and Ethereal navigate the dense foliage, their wands at the ready, searching for any signs of Richard Jackdaw, the ghost who might guide them to the missing pages

"This place gives me the creeps. I can't believe we're searching for a ghost!" Evie sighs in disbelief. As they continue through the forest, a sudden gust of wind swirls the leaves around them, and out of thin air, Richard Jackdaw materializes with a spectral wisp. Evie jumps back, her eyes wide with surprise.

"Aha! You actually came, Richard Jackdaw. At your service." The ghostly figure said bowing exaggeratedly. "Now, follow me. I'm most certain I dropped the pages in the cave the moment I was beheaded. They're bound to be mouldering away with the rest of me."

"Beheaded?" Ethereal grimaces at the thought.

"Now don't you worry, whatever creature lies there, I'm sure you'll be able to confront it."

"He's right, we're three. We'll be fine." Evie nods as they follow him through the dense woods.

"You know, the closer we get, the more I'm remembering. Probably best I leave you here..." Richard says as he stops in a halt.

"Here? In the middle of nowhere?" Matt asks in disbelief.

"Don't you worry lot, just follow the path. And keep a sharp eye for the birdbath. Remember... the incantation is 'Intra Muros'... I think it's Latin... or maybe Greek?-"

"Thank you Richard, you've helped us a lot."

"Of course, until next time!" The trio follow the path to the depths of the Forbidden Forest. The twisted roots and shadows play tricks on their senses, and the forest seems to come alive around them.

"Ew... what's that smell?" Ethereal frowned as she pinches her nose in disgust, Evie turns around and glares daggers at the Hufflepuff boy behind them.

"Don't look at me! I didn't do anything." Matt retorts, raising his hands up in defense.

"No, it's not you, Matt... for once." Ethereal speaks up. "It's something else. It's... odd."

As they follow the source of the smell, they come across a series of large spider nests, covered in thick webs, hidden among the foliage.

"You know what? Let's stick to the path and walk away like nothing happened."

"For once, I agree with you, Matt." Evie nods frantically and took shaky steps back.

They quicken their pace, wanting to distance themselves from the unsettling presence of the spider nests. Soon, they arrive at the end of the path, and their eyes widen in awe as they witness a magical sight. Before them lies a beautiful birdbath, adorned with intricate carvings and surrounded by a magical, glowing pond.

"Wow, this is incredible!" Matt breathes out in amazement.

"What was the incantation again? Intra Muros?" Evie asks unsure, behind them, a set of stones swirled and separated themselves to form a purple glowing portal. "A portal?"

"Wait- what if it's dangerous?" Matt questions.

"Then you can stand here and take watch while we venture inside?" Ethereal suggests.