𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 27

"Professor Eleazar Fig. I daresay he was a beloved professor to many of you. Certainly, a- long-standing colleague to his peers." As the students gather in the Great Hall, a somber mood hangs in the air, a stark contrast to the usual lively atmosphere of Hogwarts. Headmaster Black stands at the podium, his usually authoritative voice faltering as he addresses the solemn assembly. "A famed adventurer and renowned seeker of knowledge, he built a reputation- charging into the unknown- brazenly disregarding both discretion and safety. Providing, perhaps, a rather unfortunate lesson for us all. His devotion to adventure was rivalled only by his dedication to Hogwarts- and of course, to his wife, Mari- Miriam... whom we lost much too soon as well."

But as the weight of grief threatens to overwhelm him, Headmaster Black finds himself unable to continue. Stepping forward, Professor Weasley joins him at the podium, her steady presence lending strength to the faltering headmaster.

"Professor Fig represented the best of all of us. He could be deviously clever. Possessed a brilliantly inquisitive mind, and- was the most loyal of friends." Professor Weasley continues, her voice ringing out with unwavering determination. "But perhaps it was his remarkable courage for which we will all be forever indebted to him. If not for Professor Fig- "

As Professor Weasley's gaze sweeps across the sea of somber faces, she can't help but feel the weight of their collective sorrow pressing down upon her. Ethereal, ever resilient, sits with her head held high, her eyes determined and unwavering even in the face of loss. Her silent strength is a beacon of hope amidst the darkness that threatened to engulf them all. At the Hufflepuff table, Evie's heavy sigh resonates with the melancholy that fills the air, her eyes fixed sadly on her plate as if searching for solace within its polished surface. Beside her, Matt shares a solemn look with Poppy, his eyes glistening with unshed tears that betrays the depth of his grief. Though he tries to maintain a facade of composure, the pain etched into every line of his face tells a different story.

"Well, I can say with confidence that if not for him, many of us- let alone Hogwarts- would not be here today. Those that knew him best will agree that we must honour him as only Hogwarts can- by wisely, resourcefully, justly, and bravely facing all that lies ahead."

"Ahem..." Headmaster cuts off, raising his cup. "To Professor Fig."

Raising their cups in a solemn salute, the students join together in a moment of silence, honoring the memory of Professor Fig and the indelible mark he has left in their hearts. Though he may be gone, his spirit would live on in the halls of Hogwarts forevermore.

Ethereal traces patterns on the wooden surface of the table, her brow furrowed in thought, while Matt drums his fingers impatiently, his usual grin replaced by a somber expression.

"Cheer up, you two..." Matt quips, attempting to inject some levity into the heavy atmosphere. "At least we've got a good story to tell about our first year at Hogwarts, right?"

"This is hardly the time for jokes, Matt." Ethereal snaps, her voice sharp with frustration.

"Sorry..." Matt recoils slightly at her sharp tone, realizing his attempt at humor has fallen flat. Evie rolls her eyes at their exchange, her lips quirking into a wry smile.

"Come on, you two." She says, her voice gentle yet firm. "It's over now. We did what we had to do, and evil has been vanquished. Let's focus on the positive."

She glances around the Great Hall, taking in the familiar faces of their fellow students, and feels a glimmer of hope stir within her.

"Hopefully, next year will be a bit less eventful..." She adds with a wry chuckle. "No more ashwinders or poachers to fight, hopefully."