𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 10

"Now come on, work your magic!"

"It doesn't work like that."

"What magic are we talking about?" Sebastian asks curiously.

"It's a long story." Matt explains. "You don't want to hear all of it."

"Actually I do-"

"Guys." Ethereal calls out. "This house... it belonged to a Hogwarts professor, hundreds of years ago!"

"Who? What do you-" Sebastian questions before he is cut off by the black haired girl.

"I found a Pensieve that day in the Restricted Section- with a memory that showed this house. There was a little girl, and a drought-" Ethereal takes a deep breath before continuing. "The Keepers have shown me other memories as well. The girl became a Hogwarts professor. Her name was Isidora Morganach. She was one of the Keepers."

"The Keepers? Like in Quidditch? And you've found a Pensieve in the library? I'm not following you." Sebastian mutters, utterly confused.

"No, not like Quidditch." She shakes her head. "They call themselves 'Keepers' because they're protecting some type of knowledge. It has to do with the vault at Gringotts."

"Let me see if I've got this straight... you have Ranrok and Rookwood after you because of something you found at Gringotts- where you ended up via Portkey... and now, you've been witnessing memories left by 'Keepers'?" He mumbles. "Oh! And this house belonged to a Hogwarts professor- who was one of these non-Quidditch Keepers- hundreds of years ago."

"That's right!" Evie beams.

"If I didn't know you, I'd think you were pulling my leg."

"It is all a bit much isn't it? When you put it like that." Ethereal sighs. "The point is, we both have good reason to search this house. You for answers about what happened to Anne, and me for answers about the Keepers."

"Hey! And what about us in all of this?" Matt whines.

"You can keep an eye out for any goblins." Sebastian smirks, Matt scoffs and rolls his eyes, sitting on a log sulkily.

"How come you both get to go on adventures? I want to come to!" Evie exclaims.

"When you're old enough."

"Hey! I'm only a few months younger than you!!" The Slytherins descend the stairs of the house, disappearing from Evie's view. "Are you even listening to me?! Ethereal!!! I'm talking to you!!!!"

"... looks like someone has been here before." Ethereal states as she scans the area.

"They've left all of this simply strewn about. Tells me they're after something bigger."

"Hmm... seems these journal entries are from Isidora's travels." Ethereal mutters as she bends down to pick up some pages, she gasps as Sebastian walks further into the room. "Hey wait! Don't leave me here, I can't see a thing!"

"Didn't know you were afraid of the dark." He smirks as he pulls out his wand, casting Lumos.

"I'm not afraid OF the dark, I'm afraid of what's IN the dark." She corrects, rolling her eyes and following him in silence, ignoring the smug look on his face. "Don't laugh."

"I'm not laughing." He defends himself as he raises his hands up, setting the light of his wand out.

"Are you serious right now?!" Ethereal exclaims as all that can be heard is the loud laughing coming from the Slytherin boy. "You should've stayed with Evie up there."

"Oh no, she talks too much." Ethereal rolls her eyes and casts Lumos so she can see, her gaze falls on a mirror. Except that she can make out vague figures on the other side.