𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 24

"How long do you think we need to wait?"

"Be patient... we only just got here." Inside the dimly lit workshop of Olivander's, Ethereal and Evie sit side by side on a worn wooden bench, their eyes fixed on the closed door leading to the front of the shop. The air is filled with the faint scent of wood shavings and ancient magic, a comforting aroma that surrounded them as they wait anxiously.

"It's awfully quiet out there..." Ethereal can't shake the feeling of unease that gnaws at her insides, her gaze flickering towards the door every few moments.

"Relax, Ether..." Evie offers a reassuring smile. "You're being too paranoid."

As they wait in silence, the minutes stretch into what felt like hours, each passing moment only serving to heighten Ethereal's anxiety. She can't shake the feeling that something is wrong. Just as she was about to voice her concerns once more, the door creaks open, and Olivander steps into the room, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. In his hands, he holds a beautifully crafted wand, its surface shimmering with intricate designs and patterns.

"Here you are, ladies," Olivander said warmly, presenting the wand to Ethereal and Evie. "A wand infused with the ancient magic artifacts you provided. I must say, it's quite a remarkable piece."

"Wow... it's beautiful." Evie breathes out in admiration.

"I should warn you that I've never seen a wand like this before." Mr Ollivander comments. "My suspicion- as Professor Fig implied in his letter- is that it serves a unique purpose. I doubt you shall find much use for it otherwise."

"I understand... thank you, sir." Ethereal nods as she exits the shop, Evie following closely behind.

"The wand's amazing!" Evie squeals as they march in the streets of Hogsmeade. "To be honest, I'm quite jealous."

Their footsteps echo on the cobblestone pavement as they make their way down the deserted street, the sound abruptly interrupted by the appearance of Victor Rookwood.

"Holy sh-"

"Well well well... look what we have here." His sneer sends a shiver down Ethereal's spine, and she instinctively moves to shield the box behind her.

"Stay back!" Evie draws her wand, her stance firm and unwavering as she aims it directly at Rookwood.

"I'm afraid you're on your own. I ensured that we have a moment to ourselves." Ethereal uses her free hand to grab her own wand and aim it towards him. "Come, come. No need for such theatrics. In light of what Ranrok now knows, you must agree that our interests are aligned."

"Our interests will never be aligned!" Evie spits out, glaring daggers at the man before her. He pretends to be shocked, acting like he's hurt.

"You would let goblins take what is rightfully ours?" He asks in surprise. "The final repository belongs to wizardkind. We must be fools not to work together- what's that you've got there?"

Rookwood's eyes narrow suspiciously as he notices her apprehension. Ethereal instinctively draws back, her heart pounding in her chest. She glances at Evie, silently communicating her uncertainty about revealing the box to Rookwood.

"Might this sudden visit to the wandmaker have something to do with our... mutual pursuit?" He demanded, taking a step closer.

"I've no idea what you're talking about."

"That repository is my birthright!" He spat out of anger.

"Charles Rookwood wouldn't have wanted you near it." Ethereal states bluntly.