𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11

"Evie!!! Ethereal!!!

"Who's the crazy man calling us?"

"I suppose it's Matt." Ethereal replies as she keeps her eyes on her book.

"You won't believe what I just did!!!" He exclaims as he jumps onto his seat. "I just had the craziest experience with Natty!!!"

"Natty? Natsai Onai?" Ethereal questions in confusion.

"Well we don't want to know that!" Evie snaps in disgust.

"Not like that you perverted brat!" He exclaims in shock. "Natty and I sneaked into Falbarton Castle in search of a letter that could expose Rookwood and Harlow's evil schemes."

"What do you have to do with Rookwood?" Evie asks confused.

"I don't know why she asked me, she may have thought Rookwood and Harlow are after me rather than you." He shrugs. "Anyways, they captured Highwing and I saved her!!"

"That's nice, for once you did a good job." Evie snickers.

"Hey." They hear the sound of flapping wings and owl screeches and look up in confusion.

"Oh, mail's here!" Plenty of owls fly around the Great Hall, dropping packages and items as they rapidly fly away. Ethereal smiles once she gets a package full of letters.

"What'd you get?"

"Letters. You?"

"Chocolate fudge cake from my grandma." Matt grins confidently, they chuckle in return as they open their gifts.

"Oh..." Ethereal frowns once she reads the first letter from a familiar Slytherin student.

"Who's it from?"

"It's from your brother." Ethereal sighs.

"Oh, first date?" Matt smirks before being hit on the back of the head by Evie. "Ow!"

"Hey! We don't court the siblings of our friends." She snaps. "It'll destroy the friend group."

"He wants me to talk to Ominis? Something to do with a Scriptorium... But I barely know the bloke! Not to mention, he's quite scary." Ethereal gulps slightly.

"Aw I'm sure he's forgotten that event." Evie reassures.

"Yeah right." Ethereal stands up annoyed. "Wish me good luck."

"Good luck!"

~~~

The Hufflepuff common room exudes a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Matt lounges on a plush couch, his boredom evident as he absentmindedly flips through a book. He lets out a sigh, clearly seeking something to break the monotony. Just then, he spots a familiar figure making her way towards him. Poppy Sweeting, her warm smile and lively demeanor lighting up the room, approaches with purpose in her step. Matt's eyes widen slightly, and he quickly sets the book aside, attempting to appear more composed.

"Oh, hey there, Poppy." Matt grins happily.

"Hello, Matt. What's got you looking so enthralled?" Matt's attempts at looking elegant result in him fidgeting slightly, adjusting his posture in an overly exaggerated manner.

"Oh, you know, just indulging in some literary pursuits." He says, trying to sound suave.

" Really? From the way you were slouched, it seemed more like an in-depth study of the art of napping." Poppy chuckles, he scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. "Anyways, I was wondering if you'd be able to help me with something... something quite important."