𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 13

"Someone help me!! I'm cornered!"

"I'm coming Matt!!" Poppy yells as she runs towards him.

"You! You dare slay one of my own... you will fall!!"

"Ether! I need backup!!" Evie screams as the poacher ranger attacks her with various Unforgivable spells. Ethereal propels many poachers back, freezing them instantly.

"Hey... that was not bad." Matt sighs in relief, he widens his eyes once a black smoke appeared out of nowhere, ending right in front of his eyes. The smoke dissipates to reveal a poacher with a weird animal skull mask.

"You." Ethereal points at herself confused and looks behind her.

"Me?"

"My bite is worse than my bark!" The poacher smirks evilly under her disgusting mask as she chases the back haired girl around.

"I wish I knew the killing curse so I could blast this bastard!!" Matt exclaims frantically, they widen their eyes as more poachers appear, circling them.

"Ethereal, you're the one they want. You take down the big one." Evie comments.

"Excuse me?! What happened to teamwork?" Ethereal gasps in shock.

"In Evie's defense, we're kind of outnumbered here. Good luck." Matt states, Ethereal huffs in disbelief and turns towards the purple robed woman.

"Imperio-"

"Protego!" Before the spell can reach her, Ethereal summons a protective barrier around her, barely missing the curse.

"Wow... these guys are serious." Evie pants heavily. "We must defeat them or they'll kill us!"

"We can't kill them! We'll get expelled! Or worse... sent to Azkaban!" Matt exclaimes.

"You know Matt, I'm siding with Ether and Evie... we don't have a choice." Poppy murmures. "If we defeat them, no one will know. We'll keep this a secret. Plus... I'm sure the Ministry won't imprison us for defending ourselves."

"Alright then... I guess you're right."

"Descendo!" Evie chants and knocks the poacher on the ground, slamming it's head on the hard floor before casting basic spells.

"Such arrogance!" He groans out in pain before attacking her with multiple spells.

"You disappoint me." The masked woman chuckles deeply as she watches the students fight the poachers and goblins with basic spells. "This is what Hogwarts teaches you? Shameful..."

"Someone help!" Ethereal screeches as she finds herself caged by five poachers. "I've got five scary men in front of me!!"

"I'm coming for you my wife!!!" Evie runs towards her at full speed, casting multiple knock-back jinxes before they can lay a hand on the Slytherin girl.

"See... this is why I prefer you and not Matt."

"Haha, I think we already knew that."

"Come here boy!"

"Ahh!! Why is it always me they want?!" Matt exclaims as he hides behind crates, sending occasional spells towards the villains who venture too close to his liking. Meanwhile, Poppy finds herself in a precarious position. Her wand slips from her hand, knocked over by a spell from one of the poachers. Panic sets in as she searches desperately for a way to defend herself.

"My wand! I've lost my wand!" Matt, upon seeing Poppy's distress, swiftly intervenes. With a determined expression, he leaps into action, using his wand to deflect incoming spells and create a diversion. The poachers attention is drawn away from the defenseless girl.