The Perfect Life || CL16

Summary: On the outside it appeared you had the perfect life but Charles didn't know the secrets that had been kept from him. In order for him to succeed deals were made with your family and no price was too much to pay.
Warnings: nsfw, swearing, fighting, mentions of character death, arranged marriage, enemies to lovers, horrible parents, Arthur Leclerc being the best friend ever
WC: 6.9k

"What have you got yourself into now?"

There was no simple answer to that question and it was the very reason you had specifically not called the man waiting for an answer in the corridor. You dragged your eyes away from the chipped grey walls of the cell and stopped reading the tagging that littered the bricks - you didn't really care that P & H were 2getha 4eva - and sat up from the concrete bed you had attempted to sleep on.

Stretching your tired muscles, you ignored his question and asked one of your own. "What are you doing here, Charles?"

"Arthur called." Charles grabbed the bars that separated you, his knuckles turning white as he scanned the other vagrants you had been locked in with. "Did you have to get him involved?"

"What makes you think it was my idea?" It was your idea, but it was rude of him to assume so.

"My brother wouldn't know how to find an underground fight club, let alone join one."

"Maybe you don't know your brother as well as you think."

"Maybe, but I know you." He looked at your cheeks that were still shiny from the Vaseline that helped the blows glance off, then he looked at your busted knuckles that not even tape could stop from splitting. "Why?"

You shrugged, but it tweaked your shoulder that had taken quite the punch and you winced at the spike of pain. "For a bit of fun, let off some steam."

"Yeah, you look like you are really enjoying yourself," he muttered sarcastically before walking away.

"Wait, Charles, where are you going?"

"Home, it's late and Arthur is waiting in the car."

"You're just going to leave me here?"

"You didn't call me," he stated coldly. "Bail yourself out this time."

Your clenched fist hit the metal bar and he briefly paused as the ringing sound followed him down the hall. "Dammit, Charles. Please?"

He continued walking away and you dropped back onto the hard slab of concrete wondering why you bothered. Charles never cared for you and the friendship you had with his younger brother, in fact merely breathing around him seemed to be an offence. It had been that way ever since your family sponsored his career, it was like he resented you for your family's money.

"Y/L/N," a burly bailiff called out, interrupting your ranting inner monologue. "You've been posted."

A frown pinched your brows together as the door opened and you saw Charles standing in the shadows behind the officer. "Now would be the time for a thank you," he muttered.

You were tempted to throw a 'fuck off' his way but bit your tongue and accepted the thick hoodie he had draped over his arm. While the sex workers you had shared a cell with wore just as little clothing, yours was for an entirely different reason. The sports bra and bike shorts were perfect for fighting in but left you cold in the early hours of the morning, so you quickly pulled the hoodie over your body. "Thank you. I'll pay you back."

"I don't want your money," he sighed, rubbing his temple and leaving you with the impression that you were the headache he had.

"That's not what you said to my father 10 years ago."