Irresistible {6} || CL16 & MV1

Pairing: Charles Leclerc x fem!reader, Max Verstappen x fem!reader
Summary: Gossiping drivers, alcohol and Charlotte. What could possibly go wrong?
Warnings: 18+ only, nsfw, angst, cheating, kind of taboo (future stepbrother)
WC: 4.9k

Three weeks ago there had been an anonymous complaint raised about your presence in the paddock when you were nothing more than a spectator. Apparently an emotional support animal wasn't an acceptable reason to travel with Charles and it didn't take a genius to figure out who laid the complaint.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" Charles asked as you placed a plate of food in front of him.

"I'm getting paid to do what I would normally do anyway," you pointed out once again. "And dad said I needed to get a job."

You had been hired by Ferrari to work in the hospitality building; running food orders, making drinks, tidying the driver's rooms. Okay, maybe the job was more than you would normally do, but not by much. At least you were kept busy and boredom no longer plagued you.

"I didn't realise you needed the money," he murmured as he stabbed a seasoned chicken breast with his fork. His credit card in your handbag was yours to use however you wanted, he had assured you of that time and time again, and it was the only reason his apartment was furnished so brightly. You could never have done that on the measly savings in your bank account.

"I don't, but I'm not going back to Monaco on my own." That was the consequence if you didn't become an employee, at least while the Covid restrictions were in place.

"Hmm, god knows what trouble you would get up to there on your own," he chuckled, but the smile didn't reach his eyes. Something had been off about him all morning, but you knew he would talk about it when he was ready so you let it drop.

"I don't know what you are talking about," you said with a wink as you leaned closer and laid a napkin on his lap. "I believe you called me a good girl just last night."

You left the dining area before he could respond and met Sebastian at the beverage station. He was another of the drivers you had befriended, though much like he was to Charles, it was more in a father-figure role. The German was a gentle soul and you always had time for him, even when he called you out for the feelings you thought you were able to conceal in public.

"You wear your heart on your sleeve," he commented as you made his coffee - double shot espresso with a dollop of froth, no sugar.

"You obviously need this coffee to wake you up, Bassy, you are clearly dreaming," you said as you placed it in front of him and showed your bare arms. "I have no sleeves."

Sebastian smiled as he lifted the cup to his lips, the words entertaining him but not fooling him. "There is a little get together tonight with some of the other drivers. I think everyone is feeling a little isolated from society right now and could do with socialising. You should come."

You gave a noncommittal shrug because you weren't sure if Charles would be one of those other drivers, he hadn't mentioned anything to you. "Maybe, it depends how busy I am picking up your dirty laundry."

"My wife trained me well, maybe you are thinking of the wrong room." He placed the empty mug down and departed with a wink.

The rest of the day passed quickly and you made yourself comfortable in Charles' room while you waited for him to finish his media duties. It wasn't unexpected that he took longer since it was the first of the two Italian GPs, he had given you warning that the team's homerace would be more hectic. Pierre was the first to invite himself in, lounging on the other seat wanting to know the gossip around the paddock.