45

In the bustling city of New York, Zainab and her one year old daughter Zikra were enjoying a playful moment in the park. The sun was shining, and laughter filled the air. Just then, Zakir's phone began to ring, interrupting their joyful time together.

"Zakir, your phone is ringing," Zainab called out, her voice carrying a hint of curiosity. Zakir approached, a puzzled expression on his face, and asked, "Who's calling?"

He picked up the phone and saw that it was his beloved uncle, Habib, whose name appeared on the screen. "Mamu," Zakir thought, wondering why his uncle was calling him at this moment. Zainab, sensing his hesitation, asked, "Who's calling?"

Zakir replied, his tone evasive, "It's Habib mamu." Zainab, sensing there might be something important, suggested, albeit hesitantly, "I think you should pick up the call. Maybe he's calling about Sarah's wedding."

Zakir, trying to avoid the conversation, responded, "Please pick up his call and tell him that I'm busy." Zainab, understanding the significance of family matters, made one final attempt, saying, "Zakir, he rarely calls. There might be something important. It's worth picking up."

Zakir's mind raced as he thought about his best friend, Kashan. The pending marriage between Kashan and his cousin Sarah had introduced a strain in their friendship. He felt torn between his loyalty to his friend and his duty to his family.

Taking a deep breath, Zakir finally made his decision. He realized that family bonds were precious and should not be taken for granted. With a determined look in his eyes, he said to Zainab, "You're right. I should pick up the call. Maybe it's time to bridge the distance and reconnect with Mamu."

-------

Sarah was forcefully dragged by her best friend Anabia to parlour, who was all excited for her upcoming wedding. Meanwhile, everyone was anxiously waiting for someone to arrive at the hall. The atmosphere was filled with an eerie silence. All the family members had gathered in the living room, eagerly waiting for someone.

But then, out of nowhere, they heard a voice at the door. It was Zakir, accompanied by his wife and daughter. The whole family breathed a sigh of relief and exclaimed, "Zakir?" in unison. It seemed like a weight had been lifted off their shoulders. Habib, Zakir's uncle, hugged him tightly and expressed his gratitude, saying, "Thank you, my son, for coming."

Zakir, puzzled but caring, asked, "Mamu, since you called me, why wouldn't I come? But what's the matter? Is everything okay?" Zainab, equally curious, greeted everyone and joined in the conversation.

Habib's face turned grave as he explained, "You see, we had decided to arrange Sarah's marriage with Rehan, but... there's a problem." Disappointment was evident on his face. Zakir, concerned, urged him to share the details. And so, Habib began to narrate Sarah's secrets, revealing that she wasn't happy with the idea of this marriage.

--------

Zakir couldn't believe what he had just learned about Sarah's feelings for Kashan. It was a shock to him, and he couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness deep inside. He took a moment to collect himself before responding to Habiba's question.

"I know where Kashan is," Zakir replied, his voice tinged with a mix of nostalgia and longing. "After Sarah and Kashan's marriage got postponed, they moved to Delhi. We don't talk as much as we used to, but...."

Zakir's facial expression changed as he reminisced about the bond he had once shared with Kashan. It was evident that he missed their friendship and the charm it had brought to his life. The weight of the situation hung heavy in the room, leaving everyone feeling helpless.