5

Next day, Rehan was having his breakfast when his mother scolded him for not meeting Sarah.

"Why didn't you go to meet Sarah, Rehan?" his mother asked, her voice tinged with reproach. "It wouldn't be fair if everyone went to see her except you."

Rehan felt a pang of guilt as he listened to his mother's words. He knew she was right. It wouldn't be right to let Sarah think that he didn't care about her. But the thought of facing her after three years made him nervous. They had never been particularly close, and he wasn't sure how to bridge the gap that had formed between them.

In the evening, Rehan went to his friend Aayan's house. Feeling overwhelmed, he sought solace in the company of his friend. They sat together in Aayan's room, sipping on warm cups of tea. Rehan shared his worries with Aayan, his voice filled with uncertainty.

"I don't know how to face Sarah after all this time," Rehan confessed, his brows furrowing. "We never really talked much, and our bond wasn't that strong. What if she feels like I don't care about her?"

Aayan placed a reassuring hand on Rehan's shoulder, offering him a comforting smile. "I understand your concerns, Rehan. But sometimes, it's the small gestures that can make a big difference. Just showing up and letting her know that you're there for her can mean a lot."

Rehan pondered Aayan's words, realizing the truth in them. It was time to set aside his fears and make an effort to reconnect with Sarah. He knew that even a simple conversation could help rebuild their bond.

With newfound determination, Rehan thanked Aayan for his support and left to meet Sarah. As he walked towards her house, his heart raced with anticipation, unsure of what awaited him. But he knew that taking this step was important, not just for Sarah, but for himself as well.

Little did Rehan know that this meeting would mark the beginning of a new chapter in their lives, one filled with rediscovery, understanding, and the potential for a deeper connection.

Rehan's heart raced as he approached Sarah's house, eager to see her and spend some quality time together. He knocked on the door, and to his surprise, Sarah's mother opened it with a warm smile.

"Hey, Rehan! Sarah's not here at the moment," Sarah's mother said apologetically.

Rehan's face fell, disappointment washing over him. "Where did she go?"

Sarah's mother explained, "She has gone out with her friend Anabia. But don't worry, I'll talk to Sarah and help her understand. She might be a bit upset that her cousin didn't come to meet her."

Rehan's cheeks flushed with embarrassment. He hadn't realized that he held such a special place in Sarah's heart. "I wanted to co...me but... I'm sorry," he stammered.

Sarah's mother chuckled and said, "It's alright, Rehan. Just make sure to console her when you get the chance. She'll appreciate it."

Rehan nodded, grateful for Sarah's mother's understanding. "Of course, I'll do my best. Thank you."

Curiosity got the better of him, and he couldn't help but ask, "Do you know when Sarah will be back?"

Sarah's mother shook her head. "I'm not sure, but let me give her a missed call. She must come by now. Don't worry."

With a mix of emotions swirling within him, Rehan decided not to trouble Sarah's mother any further. He bid her farewell and left, hoping for another opportunity to see Sarah and have a meaningful conversation.

Little did Rehan know, fate had its own plans in store for them. Their paths would soon cross again, leading to an unexpected turn in their relationship.

Please do like, comment and vote.