26

As the wedding day approached, the atmosphere buzzed with excitement and preparations. The air was filled with the hustle and bustle of guests arriving, adding to the joyful chaos. The boys, dressed in their dashing kurtas, caught the attention of all the sisters, who couldn't help but admire their handsome looks. "Mashallah, our brothers look absolutely amazing!" Laiba exclaimed, her admiration evident in her voice. Adeeba nodded in agreement, sharing the sentiment.

In a playful manner, Sarah chimed in, recalling a famous dialogue from Shahrukh Khan in "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai." She quipped, "Lucknow da kurta, pathani salwar, tab lage mard warna lage bekar," causing laughter and giggles to fill the room. The lighthearted moment brought a sense of joy and camaraderie among the sisters, as they shared in the excitement of the upcoming celebrations.

Kashan observed that Sarah possessed a more reserved nature, making it clear that she wasn't an easygoing person. Sarah's introverted personality meant that she didn't engage in conversation with just anyone and wasn't quick to open up. While she felt at ease in the presence of her family members, she appeared guarded and less forthcoming when interacting with outsiders.

This contrast in Sarah's behavior evoked a mix of emotions. Kashan could sense her comfort and ease when she is surrounded by her loved ones, witnessing her true self. However, the challenge arose when it came to connect with other people. This situation highlighted Sarah's inclination towards privacy and the need for a deeper level of trust to be established before she could fully open up.

------

Sarah descended the stairs, eager to see if everyone was prepared. As she stepped into the room, a chorus of praise greeted her uncles and aunts, "Mashallah, our daughter is looking absolutely beautiful!" The warm words enveloped her, filling her heart with a sense of joy and belonging. However, as she made her way to the garden, she found it bustling with men and boys, their laughter and chatter filling the air. Seeking solace, Sarah decided to retreat to the terrace, craving a moment of peace and solitude. There, she stood, her heart heavy with unexplained emotions. Something in the depths of her being felt off, an unexplained fear creeping into her thoughts. Gazing up at the sky, her vision blurred, tears welling up in her eyes. Confusion and unease washed over her, leaving her longing for answers that seemed just out of reach.

Kashan's eyes caught sight of Sarah as she entered the bustling garden, surrounded by men and boys. But in an instant, she vanished from his view, leaving him with a sense of urgency. Determined to understand her mysterious behavior, he followed her footsteps, climbing up to the tranquil terrace where he found her standing, lost in her thoughts. This was his chance, he thought, to finally have a conversation with her and uncover the reasons behind her continuous disregard. With a deep breath, he approached her, his heart pounding with anticipation. Today would be the day he would break through the barriers and seek the truth, hoping to bridge the gap that had kept them apart for so long.

Kashan's "Ahem" caught Sarah's attention, and as she turned, he saw tears welling up in her eyes. A wave of embarrassment washed over her, and she began to make her way to leave. But before she could escape, Kashan intervened, his voice filled with concern, "Are you okay?" Sarah paused, her footsteps frozen in place. With a simple hum, she acknowledged his question. Kashan persisted, hoping to break through her silence, "Are you sure?" He yearned for her to open up and share her feelings. "Yes," she replied softly.

His heart ached, sensing the depth of her pain hidden behind those two simple words. But what was it that troubled her? He couldn't fathom. "It's so wonderful mashallah to see Zakir finally finding his true love," he remarked, trying to redirect the conversation. Sarah nodded in agreement, a bittersweet smile on her face. "Indeed he's so lucky. Not everyone is fortunate enough to marry the love of their life mashallah," she said, her voice choked with tears. Kashan felt the weight of her words, even if he couldn't fully comprehend their meaning. He knew there was a deep-seated hurt within her.