17

The next day, as the sun gently streamed through the curtains, Sarah lay peacefully in her room, lost in slumber. Suddenly, her mother entered, her loving presence filling the room. "How are you feeling, bachha?" her mother asked, concern evident in her voice. Sarah, still half-asleep, replied, "Alhamdulillah, ammi," and embraced her mother tightly, seeking comfort and warmth.

Her mother gently caressed her back, soothing her worries. "Okay, you wait here. Let me bring something for you to eat," her mother said, intending to take care of her daughter's needs. Sarah, with a puppy-like expression, pleaded, "No, I want you to stay here with me," resting her head on her mother's lap, finding solace in her presence.

Her mother playfully responded, "You're not a kid anymore, Sarah. Be a big girl." Sarah, with a smile on her face, replied, "But I'll always be your beloved kid, ammi. No matter how old I become." Her mother, filled with love, gently teased, "Okay, okay, but I won't be there with you forever. You'll have to get married someday"

Sarah, with a mischievous glimmer in her eyes, replied, "Don't worry, ammi. I'll marry someone who lives nearby so that I can come to you every day." Her mother laughed heartily, cherishing the playful banter between them. "I wish, my dear, but now enough of this discussion. I must go," her mother said and left.

As she lay there, her mind wondered to the possibility of marrying Rehan. She couldn't help but wonder if her parents would approve of their union. Would they be open to the idea, or would they have reservations?

She imagined a world where she and Rehan were happily married, sharing a life filled with love and companionship. They would create beautiful memories together, supporting each other through thick and thin. Sarah dreamed of a future where they would build a home, raise a family, and face life's challenges hand in hand.

But the reality of her parents' potential reaction loomed over her. Would they see the love between her and Rehan? Would they understand and accept their connection? She knew that their approval held great importance, as their happiness meant the world to her.

With uncertainty in her heart, Sarah hoped that her parents would recognize the depth of her feelings for Rehan. She yearned for their blessings, trusting that they would see the happiness and fulfillment this union could bring. Only time would reveal the path that lay ahead, and Sarah could only hope that love would conquer all obstacles in the end.

-----

After enjoying a satisfying breakfast, Sarah decided to rest for a while. She was feeling better, but then she heard that Rehan had come to visit her. "Hello, aunty! How is Sarah now? Is she okay?" His concern brought a smile to Sarah's face. She felt touched that he cared about her well-being.

Excited to see him, Sarah made her way towards where Rehan was, only to find Rabbia by his side once again. Her heart sank as she wondered why Rabbia always seemed to be around him. The pain from past experiences resurfaced, and Sarah decided to pretend to be asleep. She didn't want her heart to endure that same hurt once more.

Believing that Sarah was peacefully asleep, both Rehan and Rabbia quietly left. Sarah lay there, pretending to sleep, her heart heavy with mixed emotions. She longed for a time when her heart wouldn't ache at the sight of Rabbia with Rehan. Little did she know that life had its own plans, and perhaps, one day, her heart would find the peace it so desperately sought.

How was the chapter?

Please like, comment and vote.